• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Don't worry powder lovers..pleasant surprise by Friday

W

weatherskicat

Massive upper level cold pool of air and plenty of low level moisture will produce heavy snows of 1-2 feet at Jay and at least 8-12" across many other areas of N. Green Mountains from Mad River to Stowe and in parts of N. New Hampshire and Maine..
don't despair

Joshua

this is simply not true....its wishful thinking, but 3-6 inches at best, maybe 8 at some spots like Jay Peak

J

jlangdale

Dr. Weather does it again. I just woke up to a foot of fresh new powder. I wish I could have gone up to Jay this morning. It would have been perfect, save the wind. I have to go into the office for a bit and will be at Sugarbush this weekend. When I get my new vacation next year I'm going to have to take advantage of one of these powder alerts, get up early and use my free Jay tickets.

salida

Website
ecampus.bentley.edu
hey if you think Jay has a lot try going to sutton just across the boarder, they got 20 inches of fresh, plus their lifts wont be on wind delay either.

porter

J

jlangdale

salida said:
hey if you think Jay has a lot try going to sutton just across the boarder, they got 20 inches of fresh, plus their lifts wont be on wind delay either.

porter

Cool. I might have to check out Sutton as well sometime. Jay and Sutton are a good hike up North. Might make a weekend out of it, hit both.

This weekend sounds like it's going to be sunny. I'm going to stay local and take photos.