• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Foot Pain

NYDrew

So, my custom fit boots have a hot spot...a real hot one right above one of my little toes. The fit on my boots are so good, that i dont want to mess with them for one little spot (that hurts a lot)

My solution. Icy Hot (ben gay). I just rubbed it all over my toe when I put my boots on and it kept the pain away all day. it even hurts less then normal now that the numbness from the icy hot has gone away.

Just wanted to share this for those who also have minor hot spots. It really worked, they started calling me ben gay at work because I smelt like it all day.

skiguy666

Check the seam on the end of your sock. It may be pressing into to your little toe and irritating. I've run into this problem. Good fitting, good quality ski socks (thorlo ski light is my favorite) usually help avoid this.

NYDrew

Well, anyway, its at the bootfitter now, I guess icy hot only works for so long before you get used to it. I dont think we can dremel the problem and i dont think my Thorlo Light Ski socks are the problem (kinda funny that those are the socks I use)

thanks for the help though. I passed the problem on to jeff to see if he has any ideas.

bigbog

Hi NYDrew,
...It might be that part of the liner[& toebox] is just a hair too tight. But...check your cuff fit!...you want it good & snug/tight(as has been mentioned many times..). Any looseness will allow your foot slide forward just enough to bang into the liner/shell. Remember, when hitting that pseudo-brick wall in the toebox...it only takes a mm to back your toes off from that "wall", and into boot-fit heaven. Give tongue-shims a day's trial...just to see how it feels over a whole day.

$.01