• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boundary Mountain - Nevada

Angus

Hi,

Got a friend who is a high peaker, I'm planning on joining him this late spring/summer climbing the highest peak in the state of nevada and wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with this peak.

I'm somewhat inclined to do it with snow vs scrambling over rock etc. any input/advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

Mike P.

No first hand experience but I know someone who has done it.

Have you checked www.americasroof.com

The guy I know who has done it is Rob O'Keefe, going thses days online as the back country explorer.

I suspect there is a link from americasroof.com to his site. If not try seaching backcountryexplorer. he is currently living out in CA but grew up in the town in CT where I now live.

I've seen late spring trips posted on America's Roof. Seems one of the hardest things besides the altitude is getting to the trailhead. Few seem to walk teh narrow ridge that connects 13,140 (or 13,141) Boundary with Montgomery, the highest point on the ridge but in CA at over 13.400.