Mont Sainte Anne Advice

AlpineZone

Mont Sainte Anne Advice

We are heading to Mont Sainte Anne next week for a few days. Any advice on skiing and non-skiing activities appreciated. I like to find the trails, activities and eateries that tourist typically overlook. We will likely hit Quebec City for some winter carnival activities as well.

TANSTAAFL

Its been a few years for me...Stop at the Chateau Frontenac (SP) on way in the ceilings, actually any of the old hotels have the European painted type ceilings. They are amazing great buildings. Walk the stone wall that surrounds the old city, I stayed one night in Quebec city just to take it in. Take the toboggan run in the city.

The hill... Stop at the sugar shack. It along the side of one of the trails. Fresh made maple syrup and sugar on snow. Really cool they take hollowed out slabs of wood put snow in them add they syrup and its a old time snow cone. If you have kids they will remember it for ever. The back side is very kewl. Where the locals go. It will be pretty empty.

Night skiing is cold, but some great terrain and no-one there, Warm up in the gondola and Look over the St Lawrence. Views from this hill are just amazing at any time.

We stopped and checked out some of the waterfalls on the way out. Right off the Maine entry and return routes from the hill and to the city, well marked and easy to see anyway and you get close.
    Skiing is my addiction.

Items for Sale
    Canadian maple syrup/sugar is great. Quebec is Big.. Do post-up once returned SM!
    Last edited by bigbog; Jan 27, 2010 at 3:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skimaine View Post
    We are heading to Mont Sainte Anne next week for a few days. Any advice on skiing and non-skiing activities appreciated. I like to find the trails, activities and eateries that tourist typically overlook. We will likely hit Quebec City for some winter carnival activities as well.
    Thats a nice mountain, stick to the back side of the mountain its got just as many runs as the front and is almost a ghostown, great skiing there, lots of blue cruisers, if your looking for a challenge stick to the front side of the mountain and the skiers right, all diamonds and doubles, thers a triple right there just for that area to keep u going. Have fun, TR plz

south side which is the front http://www.mont-sainte-anne.com/1/Po...p_sud_high.jpg

back side http://www.mont-sainte-anne.com/1/Po..._nord_high.jpg

Ste Anne is a very good mountain. Le Massif is even better. Le Massif is a half hour east along the river and as spectacular as the view is from the top of Ste Anne is the view from Le Massif is far superior. If you like skiing in the trees Le Massif has better glades and generally has more snow as well.

The fondue place right in Ste Anne's base village is excellent.
    form is a 4 letter word

My advice to anyone planning on skiing at MSA or Le Massif is to check both places out. It's definitely worth your while considering how long it takes to get up to Quebec City. As far as skiing at Mont Sainte Anne goes, I would suggest hitting up the triple on the far lefthand side of the map. It isn't particularly crowded, is well protected from the wind and accesses most of the better runs on the mountain.
    Ski season is always too short

Hi SkiMaine,

I live in Québec City. I don't know Mont-Sainte-Anne much, as I'm mostly riding Le Massif in Charlevoix, or le Massif du Sud, on the South shore of St-Lawrence river (2 different resorts with similar names). I can give you info on what to do & where to eat in and around Québec City, depending on the interests, & ages, of your group. Write me if you want: chrisboy77@hotmail.com

Au revoir

Thread Information