• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iPad released today

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I end up using my computer allt he time but I think it's mostly because I'm doing more content creation (writing, coding, working) than I do just browsing / reading.

o3jeff

I end up using my computer allt he time but I think it's mostly because I'm doing more content creation (writing, coding, working) than I do just browsing / reading.

There's other things to do with a computer other than access the internet?

ctenidae

HD is the new Extreme.
Added to the list of things that annoy me about Apple-ism. AppHD- no, it's just the full version...

wa-loaf

HD is the new Extreme.
Added to the list of things that annoy me about Apple-ism. AppHD- no, it's just the full version...

Doubling the resolution from 1024x786 to 2048x1536 it pretty good and warrants the HD moniker IMHO.

wa-loaf

Doubling the resolution from 1024x786 to 2048x1536 it pretty good and warrants the HD moniker IMHO.

Resolution is correct and 4G: New iPad now has 21Mbps HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA at 42Mbps, with LTE taking the cake at 73Mbps. compared to:iPad 2 has 3.1Mbps on EV-DO, 7.2 on HSPA.

Doesn't seem to be true here, but they aren't done yet.

ctenidae

Yeah, but you Apple haters will say that no matter what.

I don't hate Apple.
I just seriously dislike their products, systems, ethos, philosophy, raison d'etre, raison d'vivre, and raison d'etat.

Plus, I thnk they're beaming mind control microwaves into my gerbil. He's been acting funny lately.

Glenn

I think it's about what everyone expected. The 4G will be nice touch if you're on the road a lot.

I wonder how HTML 5 will change things. If you no longer need "apps", but rather, can use the browser...that could be interesting.

mondeo

Resolution is correct and 4G: New iPad now has 21Mbps HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA at 42Mbps, with LTE taking the cake at 73Mbps. compared to:iPad 2 has 3.1Mbps on EV-DO, 7.2 on HSPA.
This is the thing that kills me with 4G.

My HOME internet access is 12Mbps. That's good for three people using simultaneously. If I didn't have roomates, I'd be on the 6Mbps plan. Unless you're regularly downloading huge apps, 4G is pointless.