• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iPad released today

bvibert

Staff member
You can always turn off the 4G to save power when you don't need that much bandwidth, well you can on Android devices I assume you can on others too?

I know I'm looking forward to faster than 3G speeds when I get my next phone.

o3jeff

You can always turn off the 4G to save power when you don't need that much bandwidth, well you can on Android devices I assume you can on others too?

I know I'm looking forward to faster than 3G speeds when I get my next phone.

Are you looking at the new LTE phones?

SkiFanE

I don't hate Apple.
I just seriously dislike their products, systems, ethos, philosophy, raison d'etre, raison d'vivre, and raison d'etat.

Plus, I thnk they're beaming mind control microwaves into my gerbil. He's been acting funny lately.
Google has become big bro, freaks me out what they have access to. I hate tech, don't want to do anything but turn something on and have it work. So far so good with 4s. Seriously dummy proof, and beautiful too lol - I'm in love. Although I don't get the 4G thing, I live and work on the Technology Highway but have yet to see 4G, not sure if I care though.

bvibert

Staff member
You're crazy if you think Apple isn't tracking everything they possibly can. Google just has more avenues to collect data.

SkiFanE

You're crazy if you think Apple isn't tracking everything they possibly can. Google just has more avenues to collect data.

I know they are..but I don't get email sent to my phone, so they don't have that. Don't have Apple email account they can mine for data.

hammer

Family's been looking at tablets lately...choices are the new iPad, a refurbished iPad2, or a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (want 32GB, don't think 16GB will be enough). Been thinking about the Galaxy Tab 10.1 but we already have a bunch of iPods and I'm not sure about portability. Would like to get something this week if possible...

Glenn

It probably comes down to OS. After getting our iPad...we got used to iOS. It works well despite it's few limited quirks.

ctenidae

It probably comes down to OS. After getting our iPad...we got used to iOS. It works well despite it's few limited quirks.

I agree 100% with this. If the iPad had a different OS, it'd be awesome. I'm a fan of my Windows phone (despite its reliance on Bing for search and maps), but get annoyed when using my siblings-in-law's iPhones.

MR. evil

Caved in and bought an iPad 2 last night. Hoping to make good use of it at work and on job sites. Going to test out bringing PDFs of drawings and specs to job sites and meeting instead of large rolls of drawings. Going to also try and use it for meeting notes and doing field work / field measuring. I already found some really nice drawing apps and an app that lets you mark up PDFs and pictures which will also be great for field work.

MR. evil

Why didn't wait until tomorrow for Microsoft to introduce their tablet?

Becuase I have an iPhone and the two will play nice together. Sync'g photos and contacts over the cloud is pretty cool!!! My office is also very pro Apple, my firm is going to pay for my data plan and may even pay for half the iPad if I can show that it's productive in the field.

o3jeff

Looks like it's an app, I haven't had a chance to download it yet. Went on Amazon today to order something and it was on their home page.