• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Moderators Posting Political Pictures...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmc

Sorry to bring this up but i find the picture in the following thread offensive.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showpost.php?p=505771&postcount=3

Why is it ok for a moderator to post such nonsense when others cannot? there's already a picture posted... Why would you post such a obviously politically sensitive picture...????

Ski resorts and politics have no place and i find it offensive....

This is just another example of do as I say - not as I do...

very bad form guys... very bad...:flag:

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
I fail to see the big problem with the picture, aside from it's insane size? Is there anything in the picture that makes a political statement?

I'm being serious, to me it's just a picture of some guy holding a microphone, and a bunch of people holding signs that don't mean anything to someone not familiar with him.

There is a ban on politics, not on what dmc finds offensive.

I just did what I almost did from the start; deleted the whole damn thread.

bvibert

Staff member
I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just really don't see the problem. If I did I would have deleted that picture from the get go. However it was posted to show where the person was speaking (since there are Wawa flags in the background).

dmc

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just really don't see the problem. If I did I would have deleted that picture from the get go. However it was posted to show where the person was speaking (since there are Wawa flags in the background).

It's whats on their political signs that I find offensive...

not to mention that a ski area hosts a political rally which I find super offensive...

there was already a picture showing the guy speaking with no Republican rally signs - why add another?

Greg

Staff member
To be completely honest, when I first saw the thread, politics didn't even come to mind at all. I just looked and it did go political (I guess it should've been expected) so nice lock Brian. Anyway, the gist of the thread was more about the ski area than the politician. And for the record, I don't think TTB was making any sort of political statement, but rather just identifying the ski area which was the initial point. I wouldn't exactly consider TTB right-leaning so insinuating he was making a political statement as a moderator is unfounded.

bvibert

Staff member
Like I said, the second pic was added to answer the original question of where the guy was speaking, there were Wachuset (sp?) signs in the pic that showed that.

I don't see where what I left in the thread (before deleting it) was making a political statement one way or the other. There was a picture of a political rally, but no one said anything positive or negative about either party, which is the reason for the ban on politics (to prevent partisan mud-flinging).

I don't think we ever said that there couldn't be anything even remotely political posted, or that no post could offend anyone.

thetrailboss

Staff member
The very first post in the thread said, "no politics." I identified the ski area and that photo is from their own website. Its size is huge...my apologies. :roll: But it was a picture of the event and the entire context was a discussion about the ski area and not the politics.

The thread was live for several hours before someone who had an opposing view made it political.

Status
Not open for further replies.