• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Banning a person for derogatory comments about a spouse!

Puck it

Wow, the Internet-Bully AND the Internet-Pussy all rolled into one! You really are a Piece of Work aren't you! You and Andy should get a room!

Can't we all just get along!!!!! This always gets in into a match that "who has the bigger one!".

BTW. I did not start this today! So do not yell at me!

Riverskier

I guess I get the cliquey thing. You have to understand though, many of us are good friends offline too so naturally, we're going to have inside jokes and talk about things as personal friends sometimes. It might come off as cliquey but I don't think the groups are exclusive to other members.

I still laugh at the "over-moderated" thing. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion though. The reality is, we are more lax than we used to be. The whole point of the moderation was to make it so anyone and everyone feels comfortable posting here. I've always said that and it's proven to be a good approach so far. If you take a close look at the policies, which have been in place for many years, I think they are pretty reasonable. The overall gist is "don't post anything you wouldn't say to someone's face." I don't know why people struggle with that so much, especially those that have been members here for years who already know how this place operates. I think it's partly an attention grabbing thing, this whole anti-establishment crusade, that is.

We considered it. We opted not be because undoubtedly the flame wars would spill over into other forums. Too little benefit for that headache. Again, we've found a formula that works so we decided to stick with it.

The reality is if you act here like you would in any other public forum, there should be no problem.

I have no problem with the "cliquey thing". Clearly it is a reflection of the real life friendships people on this board have. I have no problem with the rules either, or the moderation in general. Sometimes it just seems like the moderation is carried out differently toward different people. It seems like if you are part of the clique, you pretty much have a free pass. Sure, if someone crosses a line I am sure there is a friendly pm, but no huge outcry from the board. However, it seems with some other members, certain moderators, and even some members for that matter are ready to pounce if they say absolutely anything that could be construed as violating the rules. It just seems like there is a lack of consistency and that certain members basically have targets on their back.

2knees

Can't we all just get along!!!!! This always gets in into a match that "who has the bigger one!".

BTW. I did not start this today! So do not yell at me!

i thought this was actually getting somewhat constructive earlier but it kinda went to shit once tj sent it back to the stone ages.

oh well.

Puck it

I have no problem with the "cliquey thing". Clearly it is a reflection of the real life friendships people on this board have. I have no problem with the rules either, or the moderation in general. Sometimes it just seems like the moderation is carried out differently toward different people. It seems like if you are part of the clique, you pretty much have a free pass. Sure, if someone crosses a line I am sure there is a friendly pm, but no huge outcry from the board. However, it seems with some other members, certain moderators, and even some members for that matter are ready to pounce if they say absolutely anything that could be construed as violating the rules. It just seems like there is a lack of consistency and that certain members basically have targets on their back.

Do you mean like this?

target.png

Puck it

i thought this was actually getting somewhat constructive earlier but it kinda went to shit once tj sent it back to the stone ages.

oh well.

Man. Where are your capital letters. I need to call Sister Mary Elephant and have your knuckles slapped for poor grammar.