• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

-25F wind chill - think I'll wait 'til Saturday

swampwiz

Here at Ascutney, the wind is howling like crazy.

Here's the wind chill warning:

RAPIDLY FALLING TEMPERATURES AND BRISK WEST TO NORTHWEST WINDS OF 20 TO 30 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS WILL CREATE AREAS OF BLACK ICE ON THE ROADWAYS AND AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW OVERNIGHT. WE ALSO EXPECT WIND CHILL VALUES TO DIP BELOW - 20 TOWARD DAYBREAK AND CONTINUE THROUGH FRIDAY AND FRIDAY NIGHT.

Ooh, black ice too!

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Yup, definately separates the men from the boys. Cold up this way too, already been out for a short x-country cruise with my camera. Nice sunrise on the mountain but not spectaular. The wind chill thing sounds like a big deal but shouldn't be as long as your properly dressed, which, unfortunately, many are not.

Last edited:

dmc

I'm in no rush to head out today... :)
I have some errands to run.. And may head out later... But damn.. It's cold out..

Warp Daddy

Hell i've skied in -75 degree windchill at Tremblant --there were about 10 of us Damn Fools on the mtn :D:D but i skied some trails that day i probably would never have skied with normal density

But with 35 below windchill up here today and tomorrow and the fact i'm not sitting in some resort where i already "paid the freight"--------- my 'tude is sheeeit the ski season 's got a lotta days left yet----- i'll ski mon when nobody's out there :D and the temps are a balmy 10 degrees

bigbog

Today is definitely a day for the lower-elevations with these winds. Think I may hit a few small & low..and cheap;-) operations this weekend. Heading out for afternoon hike...in the trees!, the trees are definitely where the fun is...

JimG.

Staff member
thank god. I'm gonna be standing around all day at the bottom of the course on OL...

One of many reasons I'm glad my two oldest chose soccer over skiing.

I love the cold...but only as mentioned before if dressed properly.

My favorite skiing conditions are heavy snowfall and bitter cold. Love it when the manmade snow squeaks when you walk on it.

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
I was out at 9 am. Wasn't bad at all.