• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Bump or Bust V - 3/20/10

Greg

Staff member
Directions:

Coming up 8, is it better to go:

202 -> 219

or

all the way to up to 44 and down?

202 > 219. Unless the roads are snow-packed, then go 44..............

gmcunni

i'm already nervous as hell.

I expect to be sitting down after my first run.. my nerves are centered on not falling but since i didn't land the kicker last year i really can't do any worse. :spin:

i just hope i don't get paired with a guy who crosses the finish line before i get to the 2nd kicker.

gmcunni

202 > 219. Unless the roads are snow-packed, then go 44..............

personally i take 8 to the end of the highway and then 44. traffic on 202 can be stop and go while 44 has only a couple of lights and much less traffic.

NOTE - if i'm hungry i go 202 as there is a wide selection of fast food and convenience stores.

Greg

Staff member
I expect to be sitting down after my first run.. my nerves are centered on not falling but since i didn't land the kicker last year i really can't do any worse. :spin:

i just hope i don't get paired with a guy who crosses the finish line before i get to the 2nd kicker.

Really no telling how this will go. It really depends on turnout and the talent level. I think if they qualify the top 24, with the top 8 having a bye, I think I can at least qualify. Hopefully I can qualify in the high teens so I don't have to face a 9 or 10 seed. :spin:

Greg

Staff member
personally i take 8 to the end of the highway and then 44. traffic on 202 can be stop and go while 44 has only a couple of lights and much less traffic.

NOTE - if i'm hungry i go 202 as there is a wide selection of fast food and convenience stores.

Usually you can get up 202 pretty easily. I actually like to go exit 46 to West Hill Road, but I wouldn't suggest that to anyone that hasn't done it.

Greg

Staff member
i have this vision of the first jump. it looks like something out of nitro circus......

The plan for the upper jumps is that that will be smaller. Throw a cheezy spread, then haul ass through those man-eater moguls in the middle. The bottom is where you gotta go big.

gmcunni

I actually like to go exit 46 to West Hill Road, but I wouldn't suggest that to anyone that hasn't done it.

my GPS has tried to convince me to go that way.. 8 to 44 is just a lazy drive, not much to think about or deal with. i like simple.

Greg

Staff member
my GPS has tried to convince me to go that way.. 8 to 44 is just a lazy drive, not much to think about or deal with. i like simple.

Exit 46, West Hill is a great ride. Kinda of a windy, but pretty. If I go that way, there is one traffic light between my house and Sundown: the one at the 219/44 intersection. :)

Greg

Staff member
i could barely hang on through those, nevermind haul ass.

:lol: No kidding. I think those that did it last year that think it's gonna be similar will be a little bit surprised. I'm not gonna push my speed. I'll wreck if I try. Just gonna try to be consistent, and hope I have the endurance to beat out guys with far more mogul skiing skill than me.

2knees

i guess the one thing is that the 2 biggest baddest lines were right in the middle and won't come into play for the comp. the one on skiers left was fast and easy and the one on the right was spaced out more and much easier to deal with.

Greg

Staff member
i guess the one thing is that the 2 biggest baddest lines were right in the middle and won't come into play for the comp. the one on skiers left was fast and easy and the one on the right was spaced out more and much easier to deal with.

Put 60 rippers on Gunny for practice before the comp and we're gonna have monster troughs everywhere.

gmcunni

The plan for the upper jumps is that that will be smaller. Throw a cheezy spread, then haul ass through those man-eater moguls in the middle. The bottom is where you gotta go big.

any news on the bottom kickers changing significantly or do we think they'll be the same as they were last Wednesday?

Greg

Staff member
any news on the bottom kickers changing significantly or do we think they'll be the same as they were last Wednesday?

I'm sure they're pretty different right now. I would expect them to be similar. I thought they were good.

Beast_Ed

Website
youtube.com
Petrecky and I will be there ....

.... on Sunday. LOL!

Let us know who all might be out on Sunday and we'll meet up. I know MRJ will be around. I'll email C-Mo and Kev.