• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Great Road Biking weather

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
You could cut off your toes, sasquatch.

Salright. I'll dump em on eBay if it comes down to it. I actually don't notice the size too much but I know I'd be more comfortable in a better fitting shoe.

Not to mention it'd be easier to walk in. Road shoes already maked it ludicrously hard to walk like you're sober.

ctenidae

Marc said:
. Road shoes already maked it ludicrously hard to walk like you're sober.

And you would know this, how?

On a more serious note, looks like I'm not in for either of the rides on May 21. Stupid school.

skibum1321

I went for a quick ride last night (13.5 mi). It started out really nice and not too cold so I decided on the short sleeve jersey and shorts. That was a really poor choice on my part, as I was a pretty bright red by the time I got back. In conclusion, I'm stupid and should have known better. The end.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I did that last week skibum. It totally sucks, doesn't it.

Although, the feeling when I stepped into my house from outside was better than climbing into any hot tub.

Except a hot tub full of hot naked women of course.

Charlie Schuessler

Too nice a day to ignore a road ride

I went out for an outdoor ride on the road bike after work today for the first time this spring. It is still a bit chilly (50° - 55°F) around here after 5:00 PM and the sun setting.

I got to ride a local 16-17 mile loop with lots of climbing and descents in just under an hour. It felt great to work real hard climbing in low gears rather than simulating it in high gears on a trainer indoors. And to try out a new wheelset with bladed spokes which I believe I'm going to like very much.

I’ve been out three times on the mountain bike on dirt roads and trails, where it’s still too muddy to enjoy. I find the road cycling speed exhilarating…

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Yeah, I went out and rode yesterday too. I'm not sure how far. Maybe 30 miles, in about 2 hours. I am s outta shape. I did incorporate a fair amount of climbing in my ride as well.

It was cold when I got back at 6:30. Probably in the 40's. That was a harsh swing from when I left and it was 64.

I need to get out on my MTB... I just need to buy a new chainring for it and stop procrastinating.

Charlie Schuessler

Marc said:
...I need to get out on my MTB... I just need to buy a new chainring for it and stop procrastinating...

I put a new chain, middle chain ring and brake pads on my MTB...a few of us are heading out for a 2 hour MTB ride in the woods on Saturday and do some skiing at Killington on Sunday...that should make the Monday night ride either a recovery ride or a real challenge...