I suggest a place where people can rate ski shops

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I suggest a place where people can rate ski shops

Maybe lay out how they should discuss the experience.

And give the pertinent information about the experience and not just rant negatively..

"Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

I agree.

I've been spending a lot of time on tripadvisor.com for the last couple weeks. I realize that's a totally different site for something entirely different, but it's definitely helpful to the outsider. If there was a way for us to have an opportunity for people to post their experiences without fear of attack, rating the experience and providing supporting information, I think that could be a benefit to the community here. What I'm suggesting is not the format we have right now where when someone starts a thread, anyone can come in and make accusations or non-pertinent divergence from the topic: more like Here's the shop and these are the reviews for that shop. Further discussion should be elsewhere.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    If there was a way for us to have an opportunity for people to post their experiences without fear of attack.
    I see you italics... nice jab..... I'm just attacking the attacker... If this dude laid out something other then a rant - I would've responded differently..

So back off...
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    I see you italics... nice jab..... I'm just attacking the attacker... If this dude laid out something other then a rant - I would've responded differently..

So back off...
    It was not personal. I've seen plenty of people attack or been attacked on here. I did not mean any particular person. However, if there's no fear of someone jumping down your throat every time you have a differing opinion, there is more likely to be accurate information than reports that toe the line that's been drawn.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Here are a few reviews of places I've been to...

Zimmerman's Nashua: Always been positive. When I bought my last pair of skis the manager spotted a top sheet blemish and had no problem offering a replacement if I wanted one (I didn't).

Ken Jones (Proctor Jones) Nashua: Always been positive. They did size my first set of boots a bit big but it was a decent learning experience.

Ken Jones Manchester: Gave me a bit of a hard time when I tried to return boots for a smaller size (at the recommendation of Jeff Bokum), but ultimately it worked out fine.

I'd have no problems going back to any of these places.
    Last edited by hammer; Feb 5, 2010 at 9:46 AM. Reason: wrong location on a store

It was not personal. I've seen plenty of people attack or been attacked on here. I did not mean any particular person. However, if there's no fear of someone jumping down your throat every time you have a differing opinion, there is more likely to be accurate information than reports that toe the line that's been drawn.

there will be no attacks if a proper form is followed to take the "italics"/emotion out of the post...

More information is needed...
    No upper case headlines...

than kind of stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post

there will be no attacks if a proper form is followed to take the "italics"/emotion out of the post...

More information is needed...
    No upper case headlines...

than kind of stuff...
    Dude, who pissed in your Cheerios? It was just emphasis that should there be a section made on AZ for reviews, that should be a HUGE part of it. Instead of it being the free-for-all that posts normally are, people should be allowed to just list their review. Like you see on sites like tripadvisor.com. There's no discussion; just a review.
    Last edited by severine; Feb 5, 2010 at 9:47 AM. Reason: stupid laptop made me post over some of what I wanted to say.

Dude, who pissed in your Cheerios? Guilty hhat should be a HUGE part of it. Instead of it being the free-for-all that posts normally are, people should be allowed to just list their review. Like you see on sites like tripadvisor.com. There's no discussion; just a review.

Please... stop with the comments... I won't respond to such things...

It might be a good idea to have major characteristic ratings , then a free form field
    Off the top of my head, major criteria could include:
    Price
    Value
    Knowledge
    Technical Competence
    Selection
    Quality of Cheerios
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

only shop i have any real experience with is Alpine Haus in wethersfield.

I've had no problems. would go back.

they dont serve cheerios, or beerios, though.

Thread Information