• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/10 Storm Discussion Thread

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Big opening on the radar central CT through central MA. Wierd. Could cut down on totals big time. Wonder what's up. High pressure stronger than first thought? Not as much moisture available from the south?

ZYDECORICH

got a good steady snow happening now with puking bursts. news 12 new jersey is waiting for what they call "Bombogenesis" to occur... the lowpressure bombing out off the coast and thats when we really get nailed. about 4 to 5 on the ground here now. "Bombogenesis" thats a new one for me...like it...word of the day.

WinnChill

Big opening on the radar central CT through central MA. Wierd. Could cut down on totals big time. Wonder what's up. High pressure stronger than first thought? Not as much moisture available from the south?

Give it time....the secondary low is starting to get spun up so the northern edge of the snow shield, or "deformation zone" will be gradually filling back in for the PM. It's not exactly a "dry slot" or anything...just the gradual transition as the coastal low gets spooled up.

Greg

Staff member
It's picking up here a little bit. windier too. Any accumulation we had this morning has since melted though. Let's get on with this thing already!

Greg

Staff member
The lack of snow here is putting a major crimp on my Sundown powder skiing plans for tonight.

Be sure to say hi if you see the AZ crew. Black helmet, black soft shell (or black/grey jacket), green digital snake camo pants... :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
Be sure to say hi if you see the AZ crew. Black helmet, black soft shell (or black/grey jacket), green digital snake camo pants... :lol:

I'll be there too; white helmet (with visor and AlpineZone.com sticker), red and black jacket, black pants.

bvibert

Staff member
It's picking up here a little bit. windier too. Any accumulation we had this morning has since melted though. Let's get on with this thing already!

Looks like it's gonna hang around for a while now!:snow:

Glenn

thanks Glenn.

I get very little work done when it's snowing :cool:

No problem!

I'm sitting here laughing. We have a dusting on the grass...the blacktop is wet and the Govenor of CT just let non esential state workers go home early. I also heard some large insurance companies in Hartford were closed for the day. This storm is not delivering for my current location.

bheemsoth

I'll be there too; white helmet (with visor and AlpineZone.com sticker), red and black jacket, black pants.

Sounds good. I'll be the 6'6 dude with the silver/black jacket, black pants, silver helmet. I'll probably do most of my runs on Gunny since I'm epic suck on the moguls.

bheemsoth

No problem!

I'm sitting here laughing. We have a dusting on the grass...the blacktop is wet and the Govenor of CT just let non esential state workers go home early. I also heard some large insurance companies in Hartford were closed for the day. This storm is not delivering for my current location.

Yeah, my company (a large Hartford based insurance company) is shutting down all the offices at 1. Of course I have been home all day teleworking anyway so this has no effect on me.

Getting steadier now in West Hartford...

Greg

Staff member
33 degrees and the sun is trying to peak out. This is a disaster.

hammer

Kids go home on early release, spouse has to leave work by 2:00 (and take a few hours PTO or make up the time). All for a bunch of flurries...:roll:

WinnChill

Guys, be patient. This is and has always been advertised as a PM/eve storm...the thing is just barely getting spun up. Don't be too quick to call "bust" before the darned thing even gets started! Just look at radar.

lazyasian

Anyone know what it's like around Worcester? I was planning on heading to Wawa for some night skiing, but now it seems like it might not be worth it...

wa-loaf

Picking up here and starting to stick. Special weather statement about a band coming up from RI dropping 1-2 inches and hour.

wa-loaf

Anyone know what it's like around Worcester? I was planning on heading to Wawa for some night skiing, but now it seems like it might not be worth it...

They were always on the north end of this thing. They might get a couple inches, but if you are hoping for a powder day that's not likely to happen.