• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who dat team!!

FRITOLAYGUY

everybody keeps pointing to these 2 plays u know where the Colts really lost the game, Pierre Garcon's dropped pass in the second quarter, he catches that its a whole different ballgame

mondeo

Ok so your a what have u done for me lately guy thats fine, but you should not overlook the resume, hell one of the luckiest catches stuck to a guys facemask by the giants and were asking ourselves if brady is in montanas league, not only was brady not over his injury from last year yet he was playing hurt, and until the scoreboard changes from brady 3, manning 1 he can go hold his jockstrap.

But I'm sure NE fans will find some way to say Brady was the better QB this postseason...

http://www.googlefight.com/index.ph...pionships"&word2="offense+wins+championships"

Not overlooking the resume. Pats fans just consistently overlook how mediocre the Colts' defense is, and how solid the Pats offensive line has been. No other team gives their QB more time in the pocket.

2001 - Pats have 5th best defense in the league, win SB with a 48 Vinatieri kick as time runs out
2002 - 17th ranked defense, no playoffs for Pats.
2003 - Best defense, SB #2
2004 - 2nd best defense, SB # 3

Freeney doesn't sprain his ankle, completely different game. Brees only became good when they decided that they still needed to pay a little attention to Freeney.

Without a doubt, the most overhyped position in sports is the QB. No offensive line, doesn't matter how good your QB is. No defense, again, who cares about the QB? No running back to establish a ground game neutralizes the QB. etc., etc. The Pats have been so successful not because they have a great QB, but because they have very good players at every position.

FRITOLAYGUY

http://www.googlefight.com/index.ph...pionships"&word2="offense+wins+championships"

Not overlooking the resume. Pats fans just consistently overlook how mediocre the Colts' defense is, and how solid the Pats offensive line has been. No other team gives their QB more time in the pocket.

2001 - Pats have 5th best defense in the league, win SB with a 48 Vinatieri kick as time runs out
2002 - 17th ranked defense, no playoffs for Pats.
2003 - Best defense, SB #2
2004 - 2nd best defense, SB # 3

Freeney doesn't sprain his ankle, completely different game. Brees only became good when they decided that they still needed to pay a little attention to Freeney.

Without a doubt, the most overhyped position in sports is the QB. No offensive line, doesn't matter how good your QB is. No defense, again, who cares about the QB? No running back to establish a ground game neutralizes the QB. etc., etc. The Pats have been so successful not because they have a great QB, but because they have very good players at every position.

i agree with most of that, freeney is a beast hes a bloomfield ct boy, u could clearly see the drugs wore off at halftime, totally different player in the 2nd half. Except for a few plays where he rolled out i never saw anyone get to manning the only time he hit the ground was when he threw that pick

jack97

Except for a few plays where he rolled out i never saw anyone get to manning the only time he hit the ground was when he threw that pick

Up to and 2004, Brady had the lowest interceptoin per pass attempt in the post season, something like 1int/100. This was the post season, where teams with better defenses make the playoffs. In addition, he was playing some of the games in non optimum passing conditions. Compare that to manning, up to that point his int/pass att was nothing stellar, I tallied it up but lost the result. I thought that was the best indicator of who was the best qb in terms of decision making. Mannings regular season numbers could be inflated b/c he plays half his games in dome and his division had been weak thru out his career, at times it was an automatic 4 - 6 wins added to the colts

Having said that, last couple of years, Brady has done poorly when it counted the most. Maybe it was the lost of two very good possesion receivers (Branch and Givens) or transistion of new OCs. Or maybe coming home to a wife like Gisele is a better option than staying late and studying film.... not sure. Bottom line Brady is not looking like the Brady of old. Manning this year looked great but the SB pick he threw reminds of the feast or famon type passer he was when Belicheck's defense would just give him fits.

deadheadskier

Staff member
It's a timing play, though. Manning's throw and Wayne's break should've happened at the same time. It's out of the screen, but at the time Manning released, Wayne had position; he just broke a lot later than Porter did, which can't happen. He breaks at the right time, no problem.

There's been a lot of talk about how well the Saints and Porter prepared for this exact play. Big thing was to recognize the motion and adjust who took the outside receiver. He was sitting right on that play. Manning and Wayne both were sitting ducks. Timing patterns don't matter if the defender is waiting on the route I think Wayne broke at the right time and I think Manning made the right throw as the play was designed.....Porter was just waiting for it. The video backs that up

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
I had a good feeling about the Saints going into the game. At the start of the second half when they kicked the onside kick, I knew they were going to win. All business for the Saints.

And yes, The Who, sorry...... glad I saw you 20 years ago live, and the 9/11 benefit concert. You were awesome!

ZYDECORICH

They seemed off.. ok, but Townshend needs a treadmill or a serious 2 months at Stowe with a diet. Zac Starr was impressive.. good drummer.... but i agree it's not the same as Madison Square Garden listening to Quadrophenia.

Geoff

Having said that, last couple of years, Brady has done poorly when it counted the most. Maybe it was the lost of two very good possesion receivers (Branch and Givens) or transistion of new OCs. Or maybe coming home to a wife like Gisele is a better option than staying late and studying film.... not sure. Bottom line Brady is not looking like the Brady of old. Manning this year looked great but the SB pick he threw reminds of the feast or famon type passer he was when Belicheck's defense would just give him fits.

Two years ago, he played about 10 minutes and was out for the season with a knee injury. This year, he won comeback player of the year. Welker exploded his knee in a meaningless game and the Patriots don't have a viable 2nd wide receiver. Matt Light got crushed by the better pass rushing defensive ends and that dates back to the Giants Super Bowl. The OL was iffy. The running game was iffy. The defense didn't come up with big plays in the 5 close games they lost.

The playoff game loss this year was a complete team implosion. You can't pin it on Brady.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Two years ago, he played about 10 minutes and was out for the season with a knee injury. This year, he won comeback player of the year. Welker exploded his knee in a meaningless game and the Patriots don't have a viable 2nd wide receiver. Matt Light got crushed by the better pass rushing defensive ends and that dates back to the Giants Super Bowl. The OL was iffy. The running game was iffy. The defense didn't come up with big plays in the 5 close games they lost.

The playoff game loss this year was a complete team implosion. You can't pin it on Brady.

Agreed

I'd be really surprised if Sebastian Volmer isn't the starting left tackle next season. The rookie impressed me much more than Light.

Geoff

Agreed

I'd be really surprised if Sebastian Volmer isn't the starting left tackle next season. The rookie impressed me much more than Light.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots failed to make the playoffs next year. They just don't have the talent.

The Jets have the best defense in the division. Only time will tell if they have enough of a quarterback to become a dominant team. Their passing success was a result of play action off their running game. If they got down by 2 scores where the other team didn't need to respect the running game, the game was over. In a league where the rules are all slanted towards offense, it's tough to win without a good passing game.