Looking to replace 05/06 Volkl supersport allstars 168's

AlpineZone

Looking to replace 05/06 Volkl supersport allstars 168's

Best ski I ever owned. Made for the NE. Skiis like it is on rails. With enough speed I can carve at least a 135 degree turn (180 degree would be heading back up the hill). Probably approaching 100 ski days on them and I feel they are losing torsional rigidity. Still good but not great. This is my second pair of Volkls so i am partial to them. Looking for suggestions. Thanks, Bob

althought I haven't demo-ed them (yet) I hear GREAT things about the AC50s. I'm looking to try them out REAL soon.
    Wait Till Next Year!!!

RaceTiger GS (not the racestock version)
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Items for Sale
    ...a shot outta leftfield.....maybe one of the Blizzard Magnums = a little more width.

$.01
    Last edited by bigbog; Feb 12, 2010 at 6:44 AM.

The natural replacement for the All Star in the current Volkl line would be the Volkl Tigershark (10 or 12). I've never skied them but you may want to try to demo a pair of the Tigersharks if you get the chance.
    Jeff

2013-14:
    Killington 11/23, 11/29
    Okemo 12/13, 1/5
    Haystack (VT) 12/30
    Mount Snow 1/1, 3/2
    Berkshire East 1/12, 2/11
    Whiteface 2/22

Quote Originally Posted by madskier6 View Post
    The natural replacement for the All Star in the current Volkl line would be the Volkl Tigershark (10 or 12). I've never skied them but you may want to try to demo a pair of the Tigersharks if you get the chance.
    +1
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 )
    Blizzard Brahma Limited Edition (180)
    Atomic Redster XT(175)

I have a pair of 174 AC40 carbons I want to sell. haven't used them much, probably one of the better skis they have made, but I'm looking for something different now...let me know if interested...

http://theproscloset.com/?l=1&produc...<br /> <br />http://www.ski-review.com/content/view/681/30/

Same as these but 174's.
    Last edited by kingslug; Feb 12, 2010 at 1:12 PM.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Just bumping up this older thread. Ive got a pair of 168cms as well. Looking for any general recommendations on something similar but a slightly more forgiving and a touch wider

Banned

after 4 pairs of Volkls..

Quote Originally Posted by madskier6 View Post
    they were all GREAT....EXCEPT my Allstars...never had any edge grip on hardpack...scored a pair of 10' TigerSharks from Northern...I skied them 2 days mid season.....UNBELIEVABLE...dont waste yer $$ on the ones with the tail mounted control...does nada...but you'll love the ski...

Quote Originally Posted by Groundskeeper Willie View Post
    UNBELIEVABLE...dont waste yer $$ on the ones with the tail mounted control...does nada...but you'll love the ski...
    Disagree. I demoed a pair and could feel a pretty significant difference. Especially in the softer snow.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Thread Information