Softshell Vest

AlpineZone

Thread: Softshell Vest

Softshell Vest

looking for one, any recommendations? deals out there?

will wear as layer under hardshell jacket, alone during fall/spring
    updownupdownupdownupdown

Items for Sale
    For adding warmth underneath...might wanna add just fleece. My thin Spyder has worked well for 4-5yrs...fwiw.

$.01

i have plenty of fleece jackets/vests etc...i need a softshell vest for a varitey of reasons....
    updownupdownupdownupdown

I recommend LL Bean's windstopper vest. I'm not really sure if they use the actual Windstopper membrane - it's a Gore product and thus trade name, but functionally it is the same. The vest is also coated with some water shedding formula, like most outer fabrics.
    Although not a softshell exactly, functionally is comes really close. It really blocks the wind and provide fleece like warmth. I think that I paid something like $ 40+.
    The fleece is of high quality (Malden Mills Polartec) and the overall finish is also like a higher end product.
    Good stuff for much less than I've seen in other brands.
    Live for today

SAC and Tramdock has been going nuts on Arcteryx softshells lately. Keep your eye on it. Better yet, sign up for Gearburger and they'll email you if something comes up.
    ~Rich~

I think what Bumpsis was describing is the LL Bean Wind Challenger Fleece Vest. I own one and highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    I think what Bumpsis was describing is the LL Bean Wind Challenger Fleece Vest. I own one and highly recommend it.
    that's a good buy. also try Arc'teryx softshells, they also offer quality ones
    all Arcteryx gear

Thread Information