• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak reports a foot

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
from their email:

Heavy snow squalls yesterday and overnight have accounted for 11"-15" of new snow, the wind has blown the snow which makes it a little hard to add up. But there is definately close to a foot of snow and more in some areas. There have been snow squalls all night and the forecast is for more of the same today, more snow.

Conditions are great, surfaces are powder, machine groomed granular, and a little wind blown. Snowmakers have been out all night tilling and packing the new snow, so surfaces will very good and I am sure there will be powder in the glades.

For today, forecasts are saying that temps will be in the 20's with clouds and flurries plus some all-out snow. We should be seeing more of the same type of weather pattern until Wednesday when we will see some sun. Winds have subsided now, but they are calling for some wind today, so check back in the morning to confirm lift operations (8:30ish)

skibum1321

Smuggs is reporting 8-10" and the Bush and MRG are both reporting about 6". Looks like we might finally get some good skiing in this weekend.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
2" in Killington, yeah! :D Today's report:

Resort News: Two inches of new snow in the past 24 hours and snowmaking continues full-force! This is what winter is all about - snow is in the forecast for Thursday, Friday and Saturday, plus our mountain operations team is hitting the mountain head on, blowing snow on trails like Bear Claw, Cruise Control, Bunny Buster, Chute, Snowshed Slope and more. With the temperatures perfect for making snow - expect the best man made snow in the business.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
point north

That's it. I'm pointing the wheels north to Sugarbush for Friday (sorry Loon). I'll start a new thread.

I risk making friends and enemies, but here goes:
I have one voucher good for one any day lift ticket for Jay Peak. I can't use it. I am willing to barter it for a Loon, WV, BW or Burke(prefered) voucher or something similar. Make me an offer. If I get no offers, I'll give it to the first person to write (PM) who wants it for free. I will evaluate all offers at end of day today and decide.

I can either mail it or you can pick it up at my Nashua office. Standard blackout dates apply (Presidents day week & ends)

skibum1321

billski said:
Ya think JP is excited about their snowfall? I've gotten three emails from them in the past 6 hours, all promoting the snow and the 3fer ones.
I know...I got their newsletter twice within 5 minutes.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
andyzee said:
skibum1321 said:
billski said:
Ya think JP is excited about their snowfall? I've gotten three emails from them in the past 6 hours, all promoting the snow and the 3fer ones.
I know...I got their newsletter twice within 5 minutes.

Considering the conditions lately, can you blame them?

I just received my 4th email today from Jay. 8)

meat

ga2ski said:
Does Anyone live near there or skied there today that can give me an update. I have some extra hours at work for this week and can ski tomorrow.

had the day off today, skied all day, nobody there, shin-thigh deep pow= sooooo sick. winds didn't even toss the snow around that much, it made for more huge drifts than ice on open trails. the flyer and tram closed for a couple hours in the morning, which was great cuz the snow kept stock piling and when it opened I don't think anybody realized it cuz their was 1 filled chair for every 10-15 empty. huge pillows of pow still sitting around at the end of the day, my last run (@3:30) was almost as good as my first. the snow was light so it wasn't to uncommon to hear a little scratch underneath where it wasn't as deep, but who the hell cares it was a great pow day none the less. even the goat was great on skiers left, the northway seemed to be the most wind scoured. tomarrow should be great too, and it looks like maybe more heavy squalls thursday night and snow showers all weekend...... I'm lovin it!

meat

ctenidae said:
3 for 1, huh? I like it. Anyone know if there's a hotel near Jay that will accept dogs?

I know the Jay Village Inn definatly accepts furry friends, probably some others too.

ctenidae

Fortunately, our dog boarder just moved into a new space (kennels and training area all in one location), so we may be able to drop the monster off on Friday, as opposed to the former Thursday drop-off requirement. If so, we're heading up to Jay Friday night. Assuming, of course, there are any rooms available. Does Jay ever book up?