• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite socks!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
My feet are pretty easy. I just use a pair of Spyder socks, I don't even know what's in them. I think I paid $4 at marshalls. Only on -12 days did I need toe warmers...

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
We sell Smartwool at the Bush but one of the co-founders of Eurosocks is from Waitsfield, the other is an NFL referee, so we are big on those as well. Some people want Smartwool, very loyal bunch, and some don't want wool, they think their scratchy but the Smartwools are not. They are 70% wool with every wool thread wraped with a nylon shell, not sure I they do that LOL, so they are nice and soft. I have a pair of the Ultralights and to be honest the top art has alittle too much compression for my taste.

Eurosock has some new space age socks called Silver Digits, antibacterial, dry amazingly fast and have the new Silver Technology which other companies like Seirus and Turtle Fur are now using for their top end cold weather gear, are getting rave reviews if you don't mind spending $25-30 for a pair.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Another Smartwool Ultra Thin sock user here. Won't wear anything else now.

This is what I have been riding for the past two seasons and I agree, they're great.

I tried a new brand today though and I think I like them equally as much. Wasn't a cold day, so will have to wait and see on that front, but I enjoyed them in today's weather just fine. They're just a hair thicker than Smartwool, but still quite thin. Point 6 is the brand. Ragged had a buy one, get one deal in the lodge last weekend, so I picked up a couple of pairs for $16 total.

http://www.point6.com/mens_socks/skiing/_details/id_89/ultra_light_ski_sock.html

Sky

I followed the crowd witht eh Smartwool. I bought a few different ones to see which I liked best. All good sox.

THis year I came across a pair of Under Armor sox for, what appears to be, security guard work (my best geuss). I bought them at a nearby Air Force Base in the uniform section. They are very thin and very long.

How Long Are They?

I've got about a 2' shin...floor to knee. These things are like support hose that come up to my knee and I roll down about an inch of fabric, which places the "top" of the sock just below my knoee...over my calf.

These socks are very thin, similar to t dress sock. My feet have been worm all winter.

I went back to get more for my ski pals...and the store was out of stock. I bought the substitute item, similar length and material. Pals using them have liked them.

dl

Website
www.orbtialskiing.com
We sell Smartwool at the Bush but one of the co-founders of Eurosocks is from Waitsfield, the other is an NFL referee, so we are big on those as well. Some people want Smartwool, very loyal bunch, and some don't want wool, they think their scratchy but the Smartwools are not. They are 70% wool with every wool thread wraped with a nylon shell, not sure I they do that LOL, so they are nice and soft. I have a pair of the Ultralights and to be honest the top art has alittle too much compression for my taste.

Eurosock has some new space age socks called Silver Digits, antibacterial, dry amazingly fast and have the new Silver Technology which other companies like Seirus and Turtle Fur are now using for their top end cold weather gear, are getting rave reviews if you don't mind spending $25-30 for a pair.

The NFL ref owns Seirus, not Eurosocks.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Yup. To my feet atleast, these Euro Socks are a step up. Just as thin and MORE comfy where you want them to be with for me the proper amount of what I can only describe as "silky" padding where I wnat it. The padding, where it is located makes them feel slightly thicker, in just those areas, compared to the smartwools, but for me, even with a pair of boots that only has 10 days on them (read as now where near closed to packed out) they're a notch above the smartwools in comfort and performance (warmth/wicking)
This is a very nice sock. If I see them on sale again, I'd pick up another pair or two.

Sky

I am amazed every time I wear these sox....but they work like crazy.....maybe it's the combo of good fiting boots and long underwear to the boot-top.

But I ried these ultra thin UA sox that go way over my calf (It's two-feet to my knee).

I fold them over just above my calf.

So maybe it's the combo of the long (thin) sock and the long underwear to my boot-top.

But my feet stay very warm. I don't know if there's a "name" for these sox. I bought them at a military installation. They were advertised for the MPs standing at the gate. So between the vascular support of the "over-the-calf" length and the boots fitting well...and the long underwaer to the boot-top....I can't say enough good things aboutt these sox.