• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is hotter? Lindsey Vonn or Julia Mancuso?

Who is hotter? Lindsey Vonn or Julia Mancuso?

• Lindsey Vonn

Votes: 77 40.5%
  • Julia Mancuso

Votes: 113 59.5%

• Total voters

steamboat1

Lindsey Vonn has a new book coming out with some local signings.

Subject: Lindsey Vonn Program
The CIAC is thrilled to present a very special evening with one of the United States’ most decorated athletes, Ms. Lindsey Vonn. An Olympic gold medalist, world champion and many times winner of World Cup races, Ms. Vonn will appear at Southington CT. High School on Monday, October 3, 2016 in the school’s auditorium. Doors will open at 6:00 p.m. and the program will begin at 6:30. Ms. Vonn will take the stage at 7:00 . At that time she will introduce her new book, Strong Is The New Beautiful and will join CIAC Executive staff member, Dr. Robert Lehr, for a conversation intended to empower girls and women to become stronger in all aspects of their lives.
The cost is $50 per attendee and each ticket includes a copy of Ms. Vonn’s new book, which is scheduled for release the following day.

There are also book signings here:
10/4/16 6:00 PM at Barnes & Noble - Warren Street. New York, NY.
10/5/16 8:00 PM at BookEnds - East Ridgewood Avenue. Ridgewood, NJ.
10/7/16 7:00 PM at Anderson's Bookshop - West Jefferson Avenue. Naperville, IL.
10/10/16 7:00 PM at Barnes & Noble – Grove Drive. Los Angeles, CA.
10/11/16 6:00 PM at Book Passage - Ferry Building. San Francisco, CA.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/00624 ... b95fa75559

Lessons in strength, fitness, food, and attitude from the popular world champion skier and beauty icon—Olympic gold medalist Lindsey Vonn.

Olympic Alpine skier Lindsey Vonn wants women to stop thinking about "losing weight fast," and instead focus on loving their bodies for what they are and what they can do. Lindsey is a small-town Minnesota girl at heart turned world-champion skier, but that didn't come without hard work. In Strong Is the New Beautiful, Lindsey lays out the never-before-seen training routines and her overall philosophy that have helped her become the best female skier in the world—tailored for women of all shapes and sizes. Lindsey backs up her fitness program with advice on what to eat and how to work out, and kicks readers into high-gear, helping bolster their self-confidence and build a better body image, with the tips and tricks she's learned as a pro.

This is Lindsey's regimen, and she encourages people to take from it what will work for them. She bounced back from injury not by doing every single thing a trainer said, but instead, by thinking about the fitness plan that would work for her, and eating the right foods that would make her feel and get healthy. In Strong Is the New Beautiful, she interweaves her training and diet regimen with compelling stories of her life growing up in the heartland, her love of skiing, the challenges she's faced—including injuries, illness, and depression—and her secrets to wellness, fitness, and recovery.

Supported by cutting-edge science and the latest studies on health and exercise, filled with routines even those hitting the bunny hill of working out can master, and illustrated with dozens of workout shots and photos from Lindsey's own collection, Strong Is the New Beautiful will inspire and motivate you–whether you're an aspiring athlete, want to get back into shape, or are eager to up your game—to make your body stronger than ever before, inside and out.

images

granite

just saying:

Attachments

• SwzwhhJ9_400x400[1].jpg
    SwzwhhJ9_400x400[1].jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 152

gmcunni

did she just get even hotter?

Turns out Ms. Vonn has a very opinionated stance on whether or not skiers and snowboarders should intermingle at certain resorts. That said, Vonn told Dan Patrick, “I do like snowboarders but it would be super great if there could be a little separation.”

drjeff

she's in Madison CT tonight for book signing.

14568044_10154769317834728_504504450489942058_n.jpg

I just saw that! If my kids don't have too much homework this evening after their school soccer games, I might have to make the roughly hour drive down to Madison from my house and get a new book! :) (Okay and maybe a whole bunch of candid pictures as well! )

drjeff

I didn't make it to the book signing tonight with my kids, however one of my Mount Snow friends, who lives maybe 10 minutes from where the signing was, took her son (who races with my son) and just posted this on FB

Attachments

• 1475797150625.jpg
    1475797150625.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 131