• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is hotter? Lindsey Vonn or Julia Mancuso?

Who is hotter? Lindsey Vonn or Julia Mancuso?

• Lindsey Vonn

Votes: 77 40.5%
  • Julia Mancuso

Votes: 113 59.5%

• Total voters

gmcunni

Thread over?

Julia Mancuso, four-time Olympic medalist, retires from skiing. United States' Julia Mancuso is celebrated by members of the US ski team at the end of an alpine ski, women's World Cup downhill, in Cortina D'Ampezzo, Italy, Friday, Jan.19, 2018

slatham

Thread over?

Julia Mancuso, four-time Olympic medalist, retires from skiing. United States' Julia Mancuso is celebrated by members of the US ski team at the end of an alpine ski, women's World Cup downhill, in Cortina D'Ampezzo, Italy, Friday, Jan.19, 2018

Sorry to hear Julia is retiring but she's had a tough time of late.

In other news, Vonn is 2nd and Shiffrin 3rd in Cortina DH, first time they have shared a podium (hopefully not last)!

drjeff

Didn't both of them make the Olympic team?

Vonn and Shiffrin? - 100% on the Olympic team

Mancuso will be there, but just in the broadcast booth. Could be quite interesting if you have her and Bode calling the race alongside Dan Hicks.....

BenedictGomez

In other news, Vonn is 2nd and Shiffrin 3rd in Cortina DH, first time they have shared a podium (hopefully not last)!

I've said it before, but if Shiffrin can start getting top-5s in speed events she'll end up shattering Combined records.

SIKSKIER

I thought it was strange how Julia did her final run WC run in a superwoman outfit this weekend in Cortina.I guess I expected her to run it in her DH suit.It turns out it was all just cerimonial but I had thought she was back racing again.BTW,she skied it very slow and carefull understandbly so.

drjeff

If one had been following Julia's social media feeds the last few months, her retirement really isn't much of a surprise.

Post surgery, I think she knew that either physically or possibly mentally that she wasn't the same. Frankly if it wasn't an Olympic year, I strongly doubt she would of even attempted a comeback.

She will be remembered for her ability to dramatically raise her game come big event time. I will be curious to see both how she does in the commentary booth at the Olympics and if the deal she signed with NBC is for more than just the Olympics....

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

SIKSKIER

I had not been paying attention closely I guess.I watch most of the races but just heard about this one as her "racing" in it.Wonder Woman.Love her.Sad to see her career end.

BenedictGomez

This thread is no longer fun to click on as there are too few pictures to help me make my decision.

Frankly, I never considered either of them to be all that attractive to begin with without the makeup and photography shenanigans.

DBa75NmXgAABeiU.jpg

Pretty? Sure.

gmcunni

Mancuso will be there, but just in the broadcast booth. Could be quite interesting if you have her and Bode calling the race alongside Dan Hicks.....

i watched a lot of the alpine coverage. I think i caught 5 minutes of Julia being interviewed but not really anything else. was expecting more participation from her.

Bode was great. wife, doesn't ski or know *anything* about the sport, even liked him.