• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

College Honor Societies: scam or worth the dues?

ctenidae

I got one yesterday congratulating me for being nominated to the Cambdridge Whos Who list, which shows that I'm a leader in my field, well known and well regarded.

The email opened with "Dear ,"

smilingpj

Phi Theta Kappa is legit. Yes, it has a cost to join - then reap the benefits. Many times the students organizing the campus mtgs don't know all of them, and they certainly don't tell everyone, but there are many. Discounts on car buying when you are ready, credit cards w/low rates, additional discounts upon graduation from local businesses.

The biggest benefit that I had to dig for to find out - if I had continued on to a 4 yr local university, I had a $2000 credit to be used each year towards tuition!! I had initially planned on going there, but ended up taking a different route - but believe me I told everyone I knew about this. Go in and speak with someone about the perks, or attend an initiation mtg to determine if the perks are worth your initial fee.