• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's up with Ski MRV

Lostone

If anyone is still not on, over there, you might try this, from Greg, up above:

On Windows you can try running this command from a command prompt: "ipconfig /flushdns".

And by command prompt, hit Start and choose Run. Then type (paste) the code in.

Doubt that it will work, as DNS is the map. It is either there or not. Still, computers do strange things. ("No!!!", you say. :p )

We need you over there to answer Valley questions and so that we can publicly berate you for missing the mark on the yearly snowfall. :argue:

Sure, last week you did well, but we are still badly behind. Now, if you could arrange 3 or 4 more of those storms in the next ... week or two... we could find it in our hearts (those that have them) to forgive you. :beer:

noski

I have been able to log on over the weekend and today, so maybe I am back in business. And you know you want me to be right on the snow-cast. That means 136 more inches to come.

My Chinese fortune cookie this weekend said "Luck is coming your way", so maybe you and I will both be rucky and we will get all that snow this spring!

Lostone

Well, just got back from my show, at the radio station.

Was not able to get to the server from there. (Also GMAVT)

Couldn't post about it here, because I wasn't able to get here, either. :roll:

Back at home, both work.

Greg

Staff member
If someone can provide contact info for GMAVT, I'll try to contact. Are any of you using a different ISP and having trouble?

Lostone

As noted above, I already did that. I went to their home page and clicked on Support.

They did mention that they were on the last of the lists to get the DNS info, behind the Verizons and Comcasts.

Not sure how quickly the numbers are migrated within an IP, but I connect to a different local connection point than noski, and the radio station is separate from both.

Lostone

Was able to get on tonight for the first time since Friday morning.

Wasn't able to say it here because I wasn't able to get here, either. :flame:

I did a whois search on SkiMRV.com and got an IP. Plugging that into the address window got me to the Alpine Zone front page. (Not the forum) But clicking on any links from there, got the Server Not Found error.

Another email sent to GMAVT, yesterday. No reply, as of yet.

Greg

Staff member
My host made some DNS modification. I hope this is resolved now.