• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's up with Ski MRV

HowieT2

Howie - goto www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com and input "http://forums.skimrv.com"

It will tell you if the site is actually down, or if it is a problem on your end.

Thanks. It is down intermittently it seems. Others I spoke to on the hill today are having similar experiences.

BTW- the snow we got thursday night and friday night really rejuvinated the woods. They are skiing great. didn't make it to North, but everything I hit at LP was good.

Lostone

There is something wrong with that server, or the route to it.

The site that BMM listed says it is just me, but many others tell me it is just them, too. :roll:

I saw it as now it does work; Now it doesn't, but it hasn't for at least two days, now.

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Same situation for me... the linked site says its just me. So I tried 2 different browsers... NOTHING. Haven't been able to get on since sometime last week.

Greg

Staff member
It's more than likely a DNS issue for some of you. On Windows you can try running this command from a command prompt: "ipconfig /flushdns". Sometimes an ISp will cache DNS entries so if that's the case, there's little that can be done unless you contact your hosts.

win

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
I am now having trouble signing on too!

Lostone

On Windows you can try running this command from a command prompt: "ipconfig /flushdns".

Tried that. No change.

Sometimes an ISp will cache DNS entries so if that's the case, there's little that can be done unless you contact your hosts.

Email sent.

Of course, there is the question of how it was down, then up, then down, then up and has been down, now for over a day. It would seeem a bad DNS would have been bad since the change?:-?

Greg

Staff member
Of course, there is the question of how it was down, then up, then down, then up and has been down, now for over a day. It would seeem a bad DNS would have been bad since the change?:-?

Dunno. It's all on the same server as AZ now. I haven't experienced any downtime on any of the sites. It doesn't seem to be a widespread problem either.

Lostone

No response from GMAVT, yet, but this morning, the site came alive.

Darn few posts in the last few days. (Although, in fairness our posting normally drops considerably on weekends... cause they're out skiing? :spread:)

Lostone

I'm using the URL I've always used. It is the one at the bottom of my post. It is working (for me) now. When I get the Server Not Found error, it doesn't.

The only thing I do between it working and not working is a browser refresh. (Most refreshes did nothing, when it is down.)

Lostone

Sent an email to GMAVT, with the comment by Greg, above, about it possibly being the provider.

Got a response from them, today. They said that with a change of servers, it might take about a week for the DNS info to be distributed. They also said that they, being a small customer, would be toward the end of the list that got the info.

But they also agreed with my contention that if it was a DNS issue, the site would never be able to be reached. That was not what I experienced, as the site was up and down, until the weekend, when it was just down.

The site came up before I got their call. It has been up most of the day, for me.

noski

Up for me late yesterday, down again today.<edit> Now it's up. Oy! <edit> now it's down. ugh. forget it.

Last edited:

Lostone

Are you now on, noski?

Anyone else not able to get on? If so, who is your provider?

Traffic has seemed to pick up, over there. But it is not a working situation to say "If it doesn't work for you, post it on that board."

noski

Are you now on, noski?

Anyone else not able to get on? If so, who is your provider?

Traffic has seemed to pick up, over there. But it is not a working situation to say "If it doesn't work for you, post it on that board."

up, down, up, down. No rhyme or reason. I use GMA, like you.