• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Volkl EC4, K2 Recon, Rossi B2s, other recommendations?

zak

Hi folks,

I found this site on google while looking for ski equipment recommendations. I'm looking for new skis. I'm going to demo a few on a mid-week day. I'd like to have a list of about 6 or so.

I'm in my late 30s. I'm 5'10", 175lbs. I've been skiing for about 25 years. Not much the last 3 or 4 years. Between knee surgery in the fall of '99 and low snow falls the last 3 years or so, I haven't gone out much.

My current skis are 10 years old & straight cuts. They are Atomic extreme skis. I have yet to try the new side cut skis.

A typical ski day for me is to hit the black & double black diamond trails to get loose, then I'll hit the moguls for a few hours. By the end of the day, when my legs are burnt out, I'm on the single black diamond or more difficult blue diamond trails doing a fast cruise.

I need an all mountain, advanced ski. I don't necessarily want the top of the line by any particular maker. From my readings on this site I've started to build a list of skis such as the Volkl 5 star & the AC4, the K2 Recon, the Rossignol B2, and the Elan M12.

Can you folks recommend a few mores skis along these lines?

I ski primarily in NE at Killington, Stratton, Stowe, Sunday River, Sugarloaf, etc.

Thanks,
zak

Greg

Staff member
Welcome zak! Try the Volkl Unlimited AC3 too. It's a bit narrower than the AC4 and will likely perform better in the bumps and on the groomers.

Norway

Website
www.skinorway.no
Hi zak,
I guess I was in the same situation as you a couple of months ago. Hadn't been skiing for several years either. I was looking for a good pair of all-round skis, and had basically descided for the Volkl AC4 or the Rossignol B3. I ended up with the Rossi B2 however which I guess is the worst pair of skis. These have almost the same "cut" as the Volkl AC3. Haven't had a good chance to test my skis yet, but hopefully pretty soon. Be awere of that last year and this year's Rossi B2 do not have the same "cut"/measurements (is that what you call it?). That goes for the B3's as well.

Good to see that other guys in their 30's are trying for a comeback like myself. Let's see if we manage. :beer:
In my mind I'm still 18...