• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

DIN Settings for trips out West?

bvibert

Staff member
Wow, looks like the shop that did my thought I lied about my weight or my skiing ability.... That chart looks to be based on a level I skier

Read the directions at the bottom...

The chart is for a level 1 skier, the directions tell you how to account for that. ;)

Hawkshot99

^ Good info, hawkshot. I didn't think the BSL mattered for din settings. FWIW, I have a 307 BSL.

They use, weight, height, age, BSL, and skier code to determine the din setting.

as I suspected. the shop didn't believe my stated ability. :lol:

As far as my shop is concerned, III+ does not exist. The owners do not allow us to set skis like that.

gmcunni

need to up my DIN.. several falls could have been averted today if my bindings didn't release too soon. totally not my fault, it was the bindings!

thetrailboss

Staff member
I should have had mine adjusted. I pre-released at least three times in Squaw's deep snow and in interesting locations. Once at the top of Shirley Bowl and once at the beginning of Lakeview. The latter required a 10 minute recon mission.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I should have had mine adjusted. I pre-released at least three times in Squaw's deep snow and in interesting locations. Once at the top of Shirley Bowl and once at the beginning of Lakeview. The latter required a 10 minute recon mission.
powder straps!

I don't know much about bindings, but I suppose you should check the boot sole length binding adjustment too. It might not be the DIN. Do you know if you released front or rear?

Hawkshot99

Edit: Edit: "without the obligatory donation of multiple cold bottles of a certain adult beverage whose names rhymes with 'fear' " ;)

I will tell a person what a III+ din would be for a person, but that ski will not be leaving the shop with a DIN over III. What happens outside the doors I have no control over.