• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue Hills - 2-13-06

crombie

Date(s) Skied: 2-13-06

Resort or Ski Area: Blue Hills

Conditions: Powda! And Lots of it.

Trip Report: A co-worker and I made plans on Friday to go after the big storm but before work. So I got up early, made it to his place by 8, and took the 10 min. drive to Blue Hills from his place.

We got there before nearly anybody else who didn't work there, and we couldn't buy tickets until 9, so we walked up (which later turned out to be about halfway up) and took some fresh tracks down through a trail full of a foot and a half of powder. (I was on skis, he was on a snowboard)

Conditions were good, thank-you noreaster. The main trail by the lift was the main one we went on, half was groomed, half not. I kept wanting to go fast on the groomed section, but kept seeing the fresh fluffy stuff and couldn't resist.

We got about 15 runs in, before the lines got longer cause the kids didn't have school and we had had enough. We had work to go to, so we made one last run on the trail we went down that we had hiked up earlier (which was closed for some odd reason), and skied nearly down to our cars in the parking lot.

And then we went to work... whatta morning!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Great to have a Blue Hills report. I went there in January 2004. Great to see it is still operating.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
everyone musta thought they died and went to heaven. who'da thought powder, inside 128!

I thought about doing a nearby daytrip, but saw my 3 little angels asleep at home and reminded myself it was a school snowday, and said "nevermind". I like your strategy.