• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's your New Years resolution?

Max

I've got 2 that I'd like to follow up on:

1. Make a new friend and help that individual expand his or her outdoor experience. I thank a bunch of people for hanging with me last winter and I really enjoyed the fun and comapnionship as we went to places like Owl's Head and the Bonds in winter. I'd like to do the same thing in payback to someone who would like to do some winter summits but needs the support of someone who has "been there."

2. Make a better attempt at seeing the other person's viewpoint, even if it's from a perspective that I don't embrace.

SilentCal

1. Definataly take a friend into the outdoors.
2. Try to catch up with old friends more often.
3. Finish the Massachusetts section of the AT.
4. Hike off-trail more.
5. Help out in Getting all 48 Summits Flagged on Sept. 11th 2004.

MtnMagic

To hike even more!
:)

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
My resolution is to better myself physically. I think my whole attitude will change when I like the way I look in the mirror. To that end:
1. Lose 10 lb by Feb. 1, lose 20 lb by Apr.1, and lose 30 lb by Jul. 1.
2. Quit drinking sugared soda (This one has been hard!!)
3. Take a 20 minute walk at least 3 times a week.
4. Do 20 push-ups and 100 crunches 3 times a week.
and of course...
5. Do more hiking. I managed to get in a half dozen day hikes last year. This year I would like to double it. Here's to a healthy 'me' this year!! :beer:
Smitty

Greg

Staff member
I haven't decided what my resolution will be yet, but I think it will be to stop procrastinating. Still not sure though... :p