• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Day Trip Suggestions

SKIQUATTRO

Hey all....looking for day trip suggestions from LI...we will leave anytime of morning...we DO NOT want to hit the NY mtns....looking for something other than
-Stratton
-Okemo
-K/Pico
-Bromley
-Hunter
-Windham

How far is MRG/Bush from LI? 4-4.5 hr drive would be ok...after that, its pushing it for a day trip.thanks

dmc

MRG is an hour norht of Killington.

2knees

in s. vermont that leaves you with snow, ascutney and magic. If you dont want k/pico i doubt you want to go to snow. magic has no snow right now so that wouldnt be a great choice. Sugarbush takes me 3.5 from hartford, and there isnt anything in between killington and them to choose from. actually stowe is the same drive time. and they got hit pretty good last week.

SKIQUATTRO

I'm 2hrs from Hartford. Unforturnalty I cant stay at my folks house Sat night (just outside Hartford) as i am having a party at my house on LI Sat night....argh

ajl50

try belleayre

If you don't want to go to windham or hunter try belleayre or plattekill. Nowhere near the crowds as the other two mountains but just as close. Plus they get better snow.

SKIQUATTRO

Appreciate the suggestions. Looking for a new hill that will get my heart racing with some new terrain and get me thinking about my skiing....i go to Jiminy with my 3.5 yr old...this is a good ole boys day out for some sick terrain...might just have to leave at 3am and head to Stowe or 'Bush

kingslug

SKIQUATTRO said:
Appreciate the suggestions. Looking for a new hill that will get my heart racing with some new terrain and get me thinking about my skiing....i go to Jiminy with my 3.5 yr old...this is a good ole boys day out for some sick terrain...might just have to leave at 3am and head to Stowe or 'Bush

Just split the driving up and you can go anywhere. Always wanted to check out MRG, like the whole attitude of the place. The insane Plattekill of the north.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
ski_resort_observer said:
ALLSKIING said:
Well...You said around 4 hrs driving from LI...From the east end of the island the bush is 8+hrs.

:lol: right..if you live on Fire Island maybe.
Not sure what that means... but where I live on Long Island it takes me about 8 hrs to get to the bush and I drive at a good pace :roll:

BeanoNYC

ALLSKIING said:
ALLSKIING said:
Well...You said around 4 hrs driving from LI...From the east end of the island the bush is 8+hrs.

Not sure what that means... but where I live on Long Island it takes me about 8 hrs to get to the bush and I drive at a good pace :roll:

Dave's out in Wine Country .... way farther than Fire Island.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
BeanoNYC said:
ALLSKIING said:
ALLSKIING said:

My friends who live in the city says it takes them about 5 hours to get to the Bush if the roads are dry and there is no traffic back-ups. He does drive kind of fast. Is it really 3 hours from LI to the city?

ALLSKIING

Staff member
BeanoNYC said:
ALLSKIING said:
ALLSKIING said:

My friends who live in the city says it takes them about 5 hours to get to the Bush if the roads are dry and there is no traffic back-ups. He does drive kind of fast. Is it really 3 hours from LI to the city?
Depends on what part of the Island you live on. For me its 2 hrs to the city with no traffic...but there is always traffic going through the city that will slow you down.