• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2010 Golf

Geoff

Diesel SUV not equal to 250hp awd golf.

Yeah, but I'm going to take a hard look at the TDi engine when I wear out my GTI. A hypermiler car with some soul. The A3 TDi will also get a hard look if I can find somebody to service it who doesn't charge Audi dealer prices.

FRITOLAYGUY

Dude, too cold? I play right down to 40* in the Fall. Club up!!! :spin:

ya the tolerance level goes away quickly living here, when you have to have something on besides short sleeves u almost dont wanna play because your so used to it and u know you will play bad all bundled up. The only good thing about sub 70 degree rounds in the old people dont play so the round takes 3hours instead of 4.5

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I can't believe it but as I drove home today from MRG, I noticed that our first local course has opened here in the Pemi-Baker area. :eek: I got my spring skiing fix in on Friday and Saturday so I think I am going to hit the range and get in my first round of nine for the year tomorrow (only front 9 currently open).

jrmagic

It looks like I am stuck home next weekend since between my 2 boys they have 3 LAX practices so I may be getting my first round in sooner than I expected.

jrmagic

Well got the first one in despite it being 39 degrees on Sunday morning. It was ugly but at least its in the rearview mirror. Hoping to play and ski this coming weekend.

jaywbigred

Hey anyone know of driving ranges in the Mt. Snow area? I know Mount Snow golf club has one, what about Haystack? I assume Stratton has one too.

Anyone know when the ranges (not nec. the whole course) generally opens for the season?

drjeff

Hey anyone know of driving ranges in the Mt. Snow area? I know Mount Snow golf club has one, what about Haystack? I assume Stratton has one too.

Anyone know when the ranges (not nec. the whole course) generally opens for the season?

Yup, Haystack and Stratton both have full sized ranges. Most of the time, they open up in early May

ChileMass

Dear AZ golfers -

I need to buy a new set of irons this year and have a $100 gift card at Dick's Sporting Goods, so I am looking at either the Cobra SZ irons or the Cleveland CG Gold irons. The Cleveland set includes a 3- and 4-hybrid, and the Cobras only have the 4. I'm too cheap to spend more than $400 for a new set (only play 8-10 times/season) and these will probably do fine. I've been a Cobra guy for almost 15 years, but played with a demo set of Clevelands last winter and they were dynamite. Any preference on these or on another set?

Thanks -

Warp Daddy

After my gym workout today went out and hit balls for an hr

I hit the Big Boy (Ping G5) really well as far as accuracy but gave up about 10 yds in distance .. This may be due to a combo of factors: i 've lost 45 lbs , soon will be 67 y/o and my breast bone was split open like a damn chicken for the open heart gig :D:D

The hybrids 1.3.5. were right where they were last yr about 200-205 for the #1, 180-190 for the #3 and 150-165 for the #5. Also played with the wedges they seemed ok for early season BUT u gotta work those MONEY clubs all the time :D:D

All in all pretty happy with results . I was uncertain what the surgery would do to both distance and accurawqcy and whether or not i 'd have to ALTER my swing because of the chest incision ---

campgottagopee

First official skins game of the new season = :puke: for me. Shot 83, somewhat exceptable for the first 18, but I chipped like Ray Charles----it was pathetic!!! I hit it solid from the tee, but was hanging my second shots out to the right missing mucho greens then playing a game of ping-pong chipping from side to side. If it wasn't for making a couple putts it would've been 90 real easy. Donated my $20, but did manage to win 2 bucks in our Nassau due to my partners 72---I was in the draft!!! Still awesome fun, laughs and beers. Yee hah---the season is upon us!!!! First tourney 4 wks away :-o, better get this chipping "thing" figured out.

midd

First official skins game of the new season = :puke: for me. Shot 83, somewhat exceptable for the first 18, but I chipped like Ray Charles----it was pathetic!!! I hit it solid from the tee, but was hanging my second shots out to the right missing mucho greens then playing a game of ping-pong chipping from side to side. If it wasn't for making a couple putts it would've been 90 real easy. Donated my $20, but did manage to win 2 bucks in our Nassau due to my partners 72---I was in the draft!!! Still awesome fun, laughs and beers. Yee hah---the season is upon us!!!! First tourney 4 wks away :-o, better get this chipping "thing" figured out.

what's your index?

midd

Anyone play Titleist AP1's or AP2's?

Played the 1's on my honeymoon and banged them. Overdue for a new set of irons.

campgottagopee

Anyone play Titleist AP1's or AP2's?

Played the 1's on my honeymoon and banged them. Overdue for a new set of irons.

Haven't tried them---play the pro-v myself

hopefully the A-1 wasn't the only thing u was bangin' :wink:

sorry---couldn't help it :spin:

jrmagic

Dear AZ golfers -

I need to buy a new set of irons this year and have a $100 gift card at Dick's Sporting Goods, so I am looking at either the Cobra SZ irons or the Cleveland CG Gold irons. The Cleveland set includes a 3- and 4-hybrid, and the Cobras only have the 4. I'm too cheap to spend more than $400 for a new set (only play 8-10 times/season) and these will probably do fine. I've been a Cobra guy for almost 15 years, but played with a demo set of Clevelands last winter and they were dynamite. Any preference on these or on another set?

Thanks -

That is more personal preference and how the course you play most often is setup. Do you use a 3 now? While I own a 3 iron, I generally take it and the 5 wood out of the bag and replace it with a 2 hybrid so I can add an additional wedge. Cobra and Cleveland both have good products out there as do the other major brands out there. try to demo them at the range on the same day to get a sense for what feels better to you and then go that way. If your current set is 15 years old, either of these will be more forgiving.