• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2010 Golf

campgottagopee

This weather is giving me the "fever".....

skied for 4 hrs yesterday A.M. then stopped by the club and launched about 15 drivers---soon we'll be playin'

Anyone else hitting balls yet???

drjeff

This weather is giving me the "fever".....

skied for 4 hrs yesterday A.M. then stopped by the club and launched about 15 drivers---soon we'll be playin'

Anyone else hitting balls yet???

Not quite yet, but I will admit that when on my flights to/from Utah last week that the magazines I bought at the airport newsstand were Golf and Golf Digest - the Feb issues of the flight out and the March issues on the flight home :) Also, when I stopped into a Dick's Sporting Goods on Monday, I did find myself spending a few extra minutes in the golf section checking out some of the 2010 drivers.

I'm guessing that the clubs will be coming out of their winter hibernation location in the basement real soon and the 1st range session of the season isn't too far away

wa-loaf

Anyone else think this was going to be another car thread?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I would just like to say that, for the record, I did not start this thread during ski season again this year. :D

That said, there is no more snow on the ground in the Pemi region along I-93 south of Lincoln. Even the snow piles in Plymouth near the U are mostly gone. I can't say that I have not taken out my clubs already and started looking at possible changes/additions to the bag. Courses around here won't open up for at least another month, regardless. Though I have not ruled out taken a trip down to see my family in MA with ulterior motives...

I would like to propose instead of doing one Misc thread that we utilize new threads for new/different topics. Maybe with a topic preference such as "Golf: Tiger to play at Augusta" or the like. ;) I think there is enough interest to spread it out a bit rather than segregate discussion into one thread.

Warp Daddy

Looked at the bag -- last time i iused them was the day of my heart attack -- so i'm still focused on skiing not ready to "deal with" the golf issue yet but in due time ....... in due time :D :D

wa-loaf

Courses around here won't open up for at least another month, regardless. Though I have not ruled out taken a trip down to see my family in MA with ulterior motives...

My local course hasn't shown any signs of getting ready yet.

wa-loaf

I really like my 2007 GTI. I've managed to destroy the Blizzaks, though. I'm down to 6mm of tread on the front tires.

Saw an R32 the other day. That's gotta be fun car to drive. The AWD might even out the wear on your tires too ...

jrmagic

I ahven't pulled out the clubs yet but it will be soon. I drove by my home course yesterday and saw the maintenance crew out there. They are scheduled to open in a couple of weeks.

The only things that makes the end of my ski season bearable is the ability to jump right into golf and the boat soon thereafter. Then the only thing that makes the end of the golf and fishing season bearable is jumping right into skiing:razz:

FRITOLAYGUY

shot a 91 yesterday , things even here in orlando are burnt from the freeze, honestly its been too cold to play golf for 2months here until it was 78 yesterday

jaywbigred

Saw an R32 the other day. That's gotta be fun car to drive. The AWD might even out the wear on your tires too ...

One of my best friends has one, he LOVES it. It is a little small, imo...esp. to use as a ski car.

Oh, did I mention he is 6' 7" ???

And even looking at my golf clubs makes me nauseous. Its not even the end of the 2nd week of March!!!!! While I appreciate golf for helping me pass the warm months by, I am increasingly less enchanted by it, coming to view it as an often-frustrating diversion from the misery that is the offseason. If I lived in the North country, or really anywhere more rural, I am sure I would play a lot less, in favor of more freshwater fishing, canoeing, and kayaking. But I find a lot of those activities to be unenjoyable in NJ...too much population density.