• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

FLASH...MAJOR PATTERN CHANGE TO EXTREME COLD NEXT WEEK/SNOW

W

weatherskicat

www.bestskiweather.com go to Powder Alert-subscribe to Option 1 and get Free Mad River Ticket..only good till Monday

A little rain tonight and tomorrow..but should not be a big deal, though of course ski conditions have worsened from the amazing levels we saw just a week or two ago and are pretty lousy in parts of New Hampshire and southern Vermont.

A modest storm will be headed toward New England by Monday. Most forecasters, etc. are calling for rain, but for C/N New England I disagree--5-10+" will likely accumulate with may some brief mixture to freezing rain in central areas. Southern Vermont will probably have 2-5" of snow then some ice and rain. By mid-week next week..look for temps well below zero up north for a few days...for complete details, maps and adjustments, of what may be, a surprise Monday storm---you can subscribe for frequent updates from my web site.

Oh..I have dozens of free tickets to Mad River Glen (while supplies last---they are going quickly) for those who subscribe to Option 1 from my web site.
Dr. Weather--Roemer

Joshua

im bringing 24 law students to Stowe this week and they are going to freeze...oh well...hope their is enough powder to cover the bad spots..

on another note, went to Sugarbush this week, Wed-Fri and will post a report for each day either tonight or tomorrow!! its a little late, but still

J

jlangdale

This would be the second year I've subscribed to Dr. Weather's service. The email alerts are simply the best thing since sliced bread. They are very frequent and usually very detailed for New England. I don't use the other stuff that much, I always forget the login and what page to goto to look at the maps.

I got option 2. I also like the backcountry magazine, and the tickets are not bad too :) Although, I've not used my Jay tickets yet. I hope they are still there waiting for me! If I drive up there and they are nowhere to be found, I'll be a little grumpy. I'm waiting for big mid-week dump to take a day off work and go early morning.