• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Back pack & skins

skibum9995

looking at skinsdirect for a pair.....i have the marmot ageis jacket for spring/summer/fall rain, dont know how it'd be even with proper layering in -10's temps....
You should be OK with that shell. I have a Marmot Super Mica that I use year round. When hiking in the winter I usually only wear a thin base layer under it, and leave the vents open. I'll add some light insulation when it gets really cold. It's a bit chilly when first starting out, but I get comfortable pretty quick and it keeps me from sweating.

SKIQUATTRO

u wear the mica skiing in cold wx too? much more wind speed skiing than hiking...

skibum9995

u wear the mica skiing in cold wx too? much more wind speed skiing than hiking...
I wear it year round for pretty much everything, it's my goto shell. I should add that I don't get cold as easily as others, but I haven't had any issues with it yet.

SKIQUATTRO

skins are on! simple and straight forward...got em from climbingskinsdirect....the Firehouse Ale helped too!