Downtime and Database Issues

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Downtime and Database Issues

Hello all - many of you probably noticed the "Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server" error message the past day and a half. I've been having stability problems with the database all last week. I had my host move the site to a different semi-dedicated server and it crashed the mySQL server shortly thereafter. Since that affected other clients, my host blocked access to the site entirely while we attemped to resolve the issues.

So far I've completely rebuilt the forum script from scratch using the latest phpBB version and current mod versions. I also attempted to rebuild the database and restore it from a backup. No data was lost. There are still several features not yet installed - namely the "Quick Reply" and "Search Titles Only" mods. The calendar has also been removed and I'll likely not reinstall it (the less mods the better; especially during these types of situations). I'll work on finishing the reinstallation in the coming days, but now I'm off to bed! At least most functionality has been restored. I'm not sure whether these approaches will even solve the issues that caused all this (still not sure what they are). Fingers crossed.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Thanks for all your hard work getting the forum back up, Greg.
    ~Rich~

Thanks Beano. "Quick Reply" and "Search Titles Only" mods have been reinstalled. I think we're pretty set now, but if anyone experiences any issues please contact me - PM or contact@alpinezone.com if the board is down. Thanks.

Thanks Greg for what is proabably many unseen hours of work to resolve this latest issue and the many things you do behind the scenes to keep AZ going.
    ((*
    *))NHPH

-Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Thanks Greg for keeping things running. I had a panic attack when I couldn't use the site. Thought I had been banned for some reason! Gret to have it back so I can get my ski fix!
    skiing is not just an activity, it is a lifestyle!

Thanks for your hard work Greg!

It's nice to see the site back. Your efforts to get it up and running as quickly as possible are appreciated by all.
    Born to ski, forced to work.
    I\'ve used all of my sick days so I\'m calling in dead.

Thanks Greg.

I thought I was banned too. I was trying to remember what i had posted last. :P

Thanks for all the kind words and support. Yeah - sorry if I alarmed anybody. Next time, I'll try to get my host to post a message as to what's going on. I was "banned" from the site too. Kudos again to JaguarPC for their help here. Let's hope the demons have been exorcised...

Quote Originally Posted by Terry
    I had a panic attack when I couldn't use the site. Thought I had been banned for some reason!:
    LMAO .... me too! I was thinking, did someone log on with my name and cause havok? Did someone pull up to my house manage to log on to my wifi network and do some damage? Fortunately, I was chilling with BobR at a concert Friday night so he would have been my "alibi."
    ~Rich~

Thread Information