Bike Log 2010

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike Log 2010

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

Bike Log 2010

Another great snow ride this morning. We still have about 2-3" in the woods. Makes you work hard, since its still pretty powdery. But we were able to ride almost everything...even some slick rocked boulders covered in some snow. A bit on the chilly side..but those new booties I got rule.

The only thing that was cold were the fingers on my left hand. We were out there for over an hour. Now I'm off to the office!

Got out 4x last week. The woods were riding really well....Wed, thursday, friday and sunday and I skied Saturday.

Got out there yesterday and again today. Today we had about 1-2" of snow and it was puking as we were riding....stayed off the slick rock...but the trails were still pretty good..nice and crispy and grippy after the rain soaked ground re-froze this week.

I'm riding tonight at Case - actually have a pretty good group going out considering the snow...

John
    Two wheels, two skis, two feet, whatever...

1st road ride of 2010 yesterday. Normal semi hilly route 25miles 16.4 mph. I felt like a slug.

I got out in the local woods this morning.. OMG, they are a mess. There is an area near the reservoir that is like a mini pine barren area. It looks like one of those crazy mythic scenes from Lord of the Rings...trees just down everywhere.... We were stopping every few hundred feet to pick up the sticks...and branches. Major upper branches of old hardwoods just downed.

3 Road Rides so far . . . 12 miles, 12 miles, and 18.5 miles. Slowly getting back into it . . . doing 30 miles tomorrow.

i think we shuld start a new 2010 bike log thread...
    "that feeling: hovering in a weightless space with honey on the tip of your tongue and pure red blood gorging your heart, soaring on a current of angelic music cutting clear mountain air." -norman ollestad, crazy for the storm

Got out again this morning. Man, its just crazy how many sticks/trees/branches are down. We ride 100 yards. Stop, pick up sticks and branches, move downed trees when we could, had to reroute (at least temporarily) a few sections...added in a few new tree/log rolls. I think my buddy and a few others are going in on Monday with the chain saws.

Gorgeous ....almost perfect riding weather.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgonzola View Post
    i think we shuld start a new 2010 bike log thread...
    Okay, done!
    Brian

thanks! happy hour ride today will be my first for 2010. the weekend looks like perfect weather for a cali day ski/ride combo but my son is in 2 hockey tournaments this weekend so not likely for me...
    "that feeling: hovering in a weightless space with honey on the tip of your tongue and pure red blood gorging your heart, soaring on a current of angelic music cutting clear mountain air." -norman ollestad, crazy for the storm

Thread Information