• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust V - 3/20/10

MogulQueen

Carrie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to take all those pictures. It is so much fun to look back and see what was going on from your perspective, both the skiing and the party. Also a BIG thanks for those awesome whoopie pies! That was the only thing I ate all day. I washed that down with a beer and I'm not sure what happened after that.....I'm a cheap date. Anyway, I just wanted you to know this event would not have been as great as it was without you!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Oh! Thank you! :D I know I said last year that I'd compete but it just wasn't happening. So I figured I'd do what I could for the athletes. Glad you enjoyed the whoopie pies and the photos! :D

BTW...there are a few more photos that I didn't post in this thread. You can find all of them here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/carrievibert/sets/72157623539754919/

Considering I shot entirely from the bottom this year, it wasn't too bad. I was a little disappointed with the results but I was mostly shooting one-handedly with a beer in the other, so I guess it wasn't that bad. :lol:

Finally got to a computer after yesterdays amazing S7. I am still riding high from all of it. I can't thank the whole AZ crew for such great support and friendship to my family and me. The whole scene at the Institution should be bottled and sold to other resorts.

The course was a true test of stamina and I can't believe the level of competition. The AZ crew has come so far in the last 2 seasons. You are all to be commended.

Thank you Greg for starting the mogul awareness and bringing management around to the idea. If we could figure out a way to bring as much revenue as Nastar they would surely do a way with it and leave Gunbarrel bumped all season for us. Would you pay and additional fee to ski GB all season? Just like the racers do now?

Thank you to Chris and the management of Sundown. You put on another spectacular show.

The pictures are great and again thank you so much to everyone for posting them.

SkiDork

I've got 10GB of video. I've just started editing, but with my new FAST laptop I should have the 1st draft up by tonight. I'll put numbers up over all the runs I don't recognize so folks can enter who they are if they recognize them.

Congrats to all the winners especially 180. You rock Alan. I wish I had 1/10th of your mogul skillz. Thats why I live vicariously through Iceman.

candyman

Website
www.slcnationwide.com
that be me

hello to all, just joined few min's ago. Great to start getting know everyone at Sundown this past weekend.

I am the candyman, aka Chris, friend of Al Belsky and the dude in photo with caption... "dont know who this guy is but he just smoked me" wonder if i could get full res copy to print and show my family.

anyway, to whoever wrote that comment, big ups for the nice comment and ego booster. The candyman skiied his very best that day (not the norm), and owe a debt of gratitude to everyone who contributed to the good carma and positive, friendly energies that make for fun competitions.

looking forward to ripping more zippa's soon.

peace out
the candyman

bvibert

Staff member
hello to all, just joined few min's ago. Great to start getting know everyone at Sundown this past weekend.

I am the candyman, aka Chris, friend of Al Belsky and the dude in photo with caption... "dont know who this guy is but he just smoked me" wonder if i could get full res copy to print and show my family.

anyway, to whoever wrote that comment, big ups for the nice comment and ego booster. The candyman skiied his very best that day (not the norm), and owe a debt of gratitude to everyone who contributed to the good carma and positive, friendly energies that make for fun competitions.

peace out
the candyman

Welcome to the forums candyman! Glad you found your way over here. :beer:

ssusca

Awesome time at Sundown Saturday. I'm glad I went and finally met some of the AZers. It was nice meeting you Greg, Carrie, Brian and the others whose names I can't remember. This was a great event. I am looking forward to next year. Maybe I'll even think about entering myself, although based upon what I saw on Saturday, I've got a lot of work to do to not completely embarrass myself.

powhunter

peace out
the candyman

Come on boys and wager..If you have got the mind.
If youve got a dollar boys just lay it on the line
hand me my ole guitar..Pass the whisky round
Wont you tell everybody you meet..That the candymans in town

Greg

Staff member

peace out
the candyman

Cool! Glad you joined Chris. Welcome and nice skiing!

Greg

Staff member
Some vid that o3jeff took for us from near the lower kicker (thanks Jeff). It also includes the final along with raving lunatic AZers cheering on 180 and a nice dad/son moment at the end:

Glenn

Love this pic....bumps, beer and some sweet snowcats:

P1020701.JPG