Welcome to vBulletin!

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083

    Welcome to vBulletin!

    Let's try this again...

    Some of you may have seen this vBulletin version up for a few hours this afternoon. Well, I killed the dataase so I decided the best approach would be to simply start over. I think we're back in action. Please realize that any posts made this afternoon were lost as I had to restore from the phpBB data.

    Anyway, one of the posts that was lost was a long spiel about the hows and whys of the conversion from phpBB to vBulletin. The short version is (1) we had to and (2) it's better... Perhaps when I get some energy, I'll elaborate, but for now you'll just have to trust me.

    Thanks for your patience.

    I ski double black diamonds.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Oh...I should mention, please log into your User Control Panel and confirm all settings are correct. There are several new settings as well that may need to be modified, specifically signatures and your timezone.

    Please post all requests for help with the new software in the Site Feedback and Help forum. Thanks.
    I ski double black diamonds.

  4. #4
    Additional Settings (User Control Panel => Options) that I found that many of you may wish to modify are the Default Thread Subscription Mode and the Email and Popup Notifications for Private Messages.

    My profile started out subscribing me to every thread I replied to, and wouldn't notify me at all of private messages, so check to see what yours are and set them how you like.
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

  5. #5
    Hey looks great! I've always liked this style forum where you can scroll over a thread and a popup gives you the first few sentences before you decide to click on it. I typically enter the forum through the "new posts" link that I have bookmarked, so I've changed that in my browser. Now it's time to play with the settings. Two quick questions:

    1) Any new avatar rules we should know about?
    2) PM folder gives a limit of 50 saved, but I have a lot more. Should I delete some before some get deleted for me?
    ~Rich~

  6. #6
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanoNYC
    Hey looks great! I've always liked this style forum where you can scroll over a thread and a popup gives you the first few sentences before you decide to click on it. I typically enter the forum through the "new posts" link that I have bookmarked, so I've changed that in my browser. Now it's time to play with the settings. Two quick questions:

    1) Any new avatar rules we should know about?
    2) PM folder gives a limit of 50 saved, but I have a lot more. Should I delete some before some get deleted for me?
    1 - nope. Avatar limits are the same.
    2 - I increased the max number of PMs to 500. No user currently has more than that (besides me, but I can set my limit higher )...
    I ski double black diamonds.

  7. #7
    What's the difference between an avatar and a profile picture?
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

  8. #8
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,385
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ
    What's the difference between an avatar and a profile picture?
    A profile picture just shows up in your profile, the one site that I've seen implement them allows for bigger pics so that you can actually see what a person looks like if you want...

    I put one in my profile, but greg doesn't seem to have it turned on...
    Brian

  9. #9
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert
    A profile picture just shows up in your profile, the one site that I've seen implement them allows for bigger pics so that you can actually see what a person looks like if you want...

    I put one in my profile, but greg doesn't seem to have it turned on...
    Neat. I updated the setting to allow for a profile pic up to 320x320 pixels and 100kb.
    I ski double black diamonds.

  10. #10
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Neat. I updated the setting to allow for a profile pic up to 320x320 pixels and 100kb.
    Cool, but I still don't see the pic in the profile. I uploaded one to mine...
    Brian

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. vBulletin Feedback Thread
    By Greg in forum Site Feedback and Help Forum
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: Nov 16, 2006, 10:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:03 AM.