• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pedals

Grassi21

Don't get the Candy Bros 5050. Nice pedal and looks great. But the plate screws are notorious for disappearing.

Love my 510 shoes. They are my preferred shoe for coaching. :)

MR. evil

Going with the five-ten shoe, Whats a good flat pedal to get??

Thanks

steveo

I love me FiveTens! I also have no complaints about my Welgo MG1 pedals. Light, good grip and not too expensive.

I would also invest in some leg armor, becuase if your feet to slip off the pedals it wil really Fg hurt. It won't happen much with the FiveTens, but just once is enough to justify leg armor!

powbmps

Which five tens are you guys using? I just picked up a pair of these:

10757-849845-p.jpg

powbmps

Hopefully they stick to these (if I can keep from losing the screws :smile:):

247-150.jpg

MR. evil

Welcome to the dark side Chris :).

I just got back from my first ride of the season and it kicked my ass. It didn't help I was on a SS.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I was just jumped at the Crank Brothers Smarty pedal on Chainlove. It looks like it may be a good entry into clipless for me. I don't have a real mtb shoe (usually just old sneakers) so I held the order in hopes that one will show up on there before 4/6. I think this will work out well, because I they can also work as a standard platform pedal if starting out on a steep climb.

OR_D2.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
dosun-led-bike-pedals.jpg

They have LEDs on the ends so that the cougars can easily find you when you get lost at night.