Quick Reply Not Accessible

AlpineZone

Quick Reply Not Accessible

Been in Colorado for a while and without a laptop. While trying to submit a quick reply I didn't have the rights.

Anybody else seeing this? Greg?

hit the button next to the "Quote" icon in any of the posts to a thread. it is a peculear aspect of vBulletin that had me confused for over two years that i just figured out yesterday.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il
    hit the button next to the "Quote" icon in any of the posts to a thread. it is a peculear aspect of vBulletin that had me confused for over two years that i just figured out yesterday.
    I guess they do it that way to help preserve the threaded structure of the messages in vBulletin. Change the display mode to Threaded to see what I mean.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert
    I guess they do it that way to help preserve the threaded structure of the messages in vBulletin. Change the display mode to Threaded to see what I mean.
    Yeah. You know though I don't know who would opt for a threaded view over a linear view. With that said, I've disabled the required click on the quick reply button before the quick reply box is activated. The only negative is the quick reply is simply added to the threaded view at the same hierarchy as the initial post. Not a big deal in my mind, especially if it makes replying easier for the majority which likely use the deafult linear view. Maybe I'm wrong with my assumption though. Thoughts?
    I ski double black diamonds.

For threaded view to be worth it, all replies, quick or regular, would have to be to the correct posts. Nobody's going to take that effort, myself included. I would say linear mode is the way 99.9% read the boards and it's no big deal to enable quick reply as you have.

In my utterly humble opinion.
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. - Dave Barry
    Waterville 11/30; Loon 12/7; Cannon 12/13, 1/17, 2/23; Sugarloaf 12/20, 21-22; Bretton Woods 1/3; Jay Peak 1/24-25; Heavenly 2/9; Squaw Valley 2/10-2/11; Wachusett 3/3; Sunday River 3/7-8

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Yeah. You know though I don't know who would opt for a threaded view over a linear view. With that said, I've disabled the required click on the quick reply button before the quick reply box is activated. The only negative is the quick reply is simply added to the threaded view at the same hierarchy as the initial post. Not a big deal in my mind, especially if it makes replying easier for the majority which likely use the deafult linear view. Maybe I'm wrong with my assumption though. Thoughts?
    Works for me. One less click everytime I want to make a quick-reply is good.
    Brian

Thread Information