• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Quick Reply Not Accessible

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
hit the button next to the "Quote" icon in any of the posts to a thread. it is a peculear aspect of vBulletin that had me confused for over two years that i just figured out yesterday.

bvibert

Staff member
riverc0il said:
hit the button next to the "Quote" icon in any of the posts to a thread. it is a peculear aspect of vBulletin that had me confused for over two years that i just figured out yesterday.

I guess they do it that way to help preserve the threaded structure of the messages in vBulletin. Change the display mode to Threaded to see what I mean.

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
I guess they do it that way to help preserve the threaded structure of the messages in vBulletin. Change the display mode to Threaded to see what I mean.
Yeah. You know though I don't know who would opt for a threaded view over a linear view. With that said, I've disabled the required click on the quick reply button before the quick reply box is activated. The only negative is the quick reply is simply added to the threaded view at the same hierarchy as the initial post. Not a big deal in my mind, especially if it makes replying easier for the majority which likely use the deafult linear view. Maybe I'm wrong with my assumption though. Thoughts?

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
For threaded view to be worth it, all replies, quick or regular, would have to be to the correct posts. Nobody's going to take that effort, myself included. I would say linear mode is the way 99.9% read the boards and it's no big deal to enable quick reply as you have.

In my utterly humble opinion. :cool:

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
Yeah. You know though I don't know who would opt for a threaded view over a linear view. With that said, I've disabled the required click on the quick reply button before the quick reply box is activated. The only negative is the quick reply is simply added to the threaded view at the same hierarchy as the initial post. Not a big deal in my mind, especially if it makes replying easier for the majority which likely use the deafult linear view. Maybe I'm wrong with my assumption though. Thoughts?
Works for me. One less click everytime I want to make a quick-reply is good.