• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

White Memorial, April 4, 2010

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
While much of the DT drains pretty well around the museum area, be careful. The Cranberry Pond area is wet over the trail...very wet.
23431_419721141256_624361256_5524054_338520_n.jpg

Still, it was a nice intro back into MTBing and aside from that one aforementioned area, the trails were quite dry and rideable. Brian's GPS died 1.2 miles into the ride but mapping it out, we estimate it was around 5.8 miles ridden in the woods and then back along Alain White Road and Whites Woods Rd. Was very surprised to find the final climb at the museum was not problematic. I almost went the other way around the field because the climbs are broken down into 2 hills instead of that 1 steady (though not hugely steep) gain. Stayed in the middle ring the entire time and got through it without too much effort! :D

o3jeff

Nice job getting some mile in on the bike.

Good thing I didn't go, was out doing some laps around the house and notice a problem with the rear derailleur(when in the granny gear it doesn't keep enough tension on the chain). Instead I finished raking the yard this morning, fun.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
WoodCore inspired me--I WILL get the miles in this year! Certainly not as many as he does--I swear he's inhuman!--but I need to get out there. I hate the gym and I can't run, so I will put my energy into this instead.

Good thing on the derailleur. Though I think I'd prefer getting stuck in the woods, or whatever catastrophe may have come from that, to raking the yard. ;)