• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

fischer watea 94

WJenness

The Watea 84 I'd consider as a good one-ski quiver for most people in the East. No mistaking it for a bump ski, but does a decent job.

Agreed... I have these skis and used them for all but two runs this year and really enjoyed them.

-w

mishka

The Watea 84 I'd consider as a good one-ski quiver for most people in the East. No mistaking it for a bump ski, but does a decent job.

because I own legend 8000 (even probably little to loan in 179) buying Watea 84 looks like duplication to me

$250 for the 84 on Tramdock right now, only the 184.

o2gear has 84 and 94 in all other sizes for less plus free shipping.

wa-loaf

o2gear has 84 and 94 in all other sizes for less plus free shipping.

Wow, good prices there and those are this seasons skis as opposed to the Tramdock version which are last years.

That powder hull on this years version does make the ski a little more floaty than last years version. I've skied both.

mishka

Wow, good prices there and those are this seasons skis as opposed to the Tramdock version which are last years.

That powder hull on this years version does make the ski a little more floaty than last years version. I've skied both.

now you see my problem....great ski 84 or 94 for good price will be under 300 with my binding and I don't have to sleep in the garage :flame: ;-)

wa-loaf

now you see my problem....great ski 84 or 94 for good price will be under 300 with my binding and I don't have to sleep in the garage :flame: ;-)

I say get the 94 in the 178, the small swallow tail make it ski a little shorter than the older version. It might be a little stiffer than you were expecting, but it'll make a good tree/pow ski. Hard to pass up for the price. If you don't like it you can always sell it for little loss.

mishka

how about W84?
Should I add it to B2 and legend 8000? It looks to me all 3 in somewhat similar category/performance. W84 will be 167

mishka

I say get the 94 in the 178, the small swallow tail make it ski a little shorter than the older version. It might be a little stiffer than you were expecting, but it'll make a good tree/pow ski. Hard to pass up for the price. If you don't like it you can always sell it for little loss.

....at first no... no ....no....not right for you...:uzi: now we go full circle

if I don't like it unlikely will be selling......then definitely will have to move to garage

Hard to pass up for the price===> exactly

wa-loaf

Well if you want it for bumps, I'd pass. Trees, powder and crud. Go for it. Maybe 170 if you want to be able to swing it around faster. I'm talking about the 94. I think there's too much overlap in the 84 with your 8000's. No powder hull in the 84 either.

wa-loaf

Oh and to throw fuel on the fire the Head peak 88 they have might be an option. I think it's softer than the wateas ...

bvibert

Staff member
Good deals can make us do and say silly things. Even at that ridiculously good deal I still don't think the Watea 94 is the ski that you're looking for, though I'd still be tempted if I were you. ;)

mishka

Well if you want it for bumps, I'd pass. Trees, powder and crud. Go for it. Maybe 170 if you want to be able to swing it around faster. I'm talking about the 94. I think there's too much overlap in the 84 with your 8000's. No powder hull in the 84 either.

soft bumps only spring time and day after storm ....concrete bumps at WaWa never looks appealing to me. realistically speaking crud powder and trees in order of importance

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Good deals can make us do and say silly things. Even at that ridiculously good deal I still don't think the Watea 94 is the ski that you're looking for, though I'd still be tempted if I were you. ;)
QUOTED FOR TRUTH. Don't buy the wrong ski for you just because it is a good deal. :-o I think if you review the comments posted above prior to the comments on the price, there is essentially complete agreement that the characteristics you are looking for will not be found in the Watea 84 and especially not the 94 based on your experience with the L8000.

And thanks for the heads up on o2gear. The W94 has been one of my top considerations for a touring rig based on my experiences with the Atua.