• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

fischer watea 94

wa-loaf

Hell, I had to think twice about the 84's. Would kinda fill that hole between 70 and 94 I have .... but really the 94 will do anything I want that requires more width than 70.

bvibert

Staff member
Hell, I had to think twice about the 84's. Would kinda fill that hole between 70 and 94 I have .... but really the 94 will do anything I want that requires more width than 70.

The 84's crossed my mind briefly too... ;)

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
QUOTED FOR TRUTH. Don't buy the wrong ski for you just because it is a good deal. :-o I think if you review the comments posted above prior to the comments on the price, there is essentially complete agreement that the characteristics you are looking for will not be found in the Watea 84 and especially not the 94 based on your experience with the L8000.

And thanks for the heads up on o2gear. The W94 has been one of my top considerations for a touring rig based on my experiences with the Atua.

I didn't know about O2Gear until last season when some troll came on here blasting them. I just bought my new boots from them and my interaction with them was great. I'd buy from them in a heartbeat.

*slowly backs out of thread with credit card balance the same*
Where's the fun in that?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Well, now I can turn off that eBay daily notification email. Hadn't planned on pursuing this until the summer but for less than three bills... they were practically giving the 94 away!

Now for some Dynafit Vertical 12s from TP, heh! Need to wait for the summer for a funds replenishment first, though. :eek:

wa-loaf

Well, now I can turn off that eBay daily notification email. Hadn't planned on pursuing this until the summer but for less than three bills... they were practically giving the 94 away!

Now for some Dynafit Vertical 12s from TP, heh! Need to wait for the summer for a funds replenishment first, though. :eek:

Congrats on your new purchase! :lol:

bvibert

Staff member

Good call, I'm very happy with my 94's, though I'm sure you'll put them to better use that I have with mine. Despite their width I think they're my lightest skis, so I'd see how they'd be good for touring too.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Good call, I'm very happy with my 94's, though I'm sure you'll put them to better use that I have with mine. Despite their width I think they're my lightest skis, so I'd see how they'd be good for touring too.
I have full confidence that they will be a perfect ski for my needs based on my experience with the Atuas. The Watea 94 has substantially trimmed up due to loosing the twin (186 down to a 178 for me as a result), a touch narrower in the waist, and the iBeam construction stuff. The Atuas are pretty darn heavy but every review I could find about the W94s said light. Not ultra light touring by any means but with a set of Dynafits on them, probably no heavier than my 8000s with Freerides. Now I really have no excuse next winter for not touring more! :-o:roll:

I'm more partial to the 101 in a 182...super versatile for a ski over 100mm in the waist. light and nimble in powder and crud, but rock solid when ripping gs turns on firm snow. Love the watea 114...super floaty, light and forgiving for a fat ski...and the watea 98 twin for 10/11 is a blast too...anyone who likes the atua will love the 98. Slight early rise in the tip and tail, powder hull, and i-beam core...super versatile all mountain twin. In the pipeline for the future is the watea 120...120 under foot, powder hull, i-beam construction, tapered tip and tail, rockered tip and tail, slight camber under foot...oh yeah!!! I had the first prototype of of this 2011/2012 ski in my hands last week...can't wait to ski on it soon!

You guys keep buying Wateas and together we'll keep helping Fischer break out of the "race ski company" pigeon hole the brand is sometimes stuck into. Oh, and if you're looking for a smooth, stable, versatile all mountain/hard snow midfat check out the Motive series in the fall...the Motive 80 is one of my personal favorites.

in the spirit of full disclosure, yes, I'm on the payroll.

deadheadskier

Staff member
talk a bit more about the Motive. hard snow performance, turn radius, bump performance, speed limit.

It won't be next year, but I want to replace my B2s. If I could find a ski that was equally as strong in bumps, but has great edge hold and no speed limit on hardpack, that would be my ski

wa-loaf

I'm more partial to the 101 in a 182...super versatile for a ski over 100mm in the waist. light and nimble in powder and crud, but rock solid when ripping gs turns on firm snow. Love the watea 114...super floaty, light and forgiving for a fat ski...and the watea 98 twin for 10/11 is a blast too...anyone who likes the atua will love the 98. Slight early rise in the tip and tail, powder hull, and i-beam core...super versatile all mountain twin. In the pipeline for the future is the watea 120...120 under foot, powder hull, i-beam construction, tapered tip and tail, rockered tip and tail, slight camber under foot...oh yeah!!! I had the first prototype of of this 2011/2012 ski in my hands last week...can't wait to ski on it soon!

You guys keep buying Wateas and together we'll keep helping Fischer break out of the "race ski company" pigeon hole the brand is sometimes stuck into. Oh, and if you're looking for a smooth, stable, versatile all mountain/hard snow midfat check out the Motive series in the fall...the Motive 80 is one of my personal favorites.

in the spirit of full disclosure, yes, I'm on the payroll.

Hey welcome back!

talk a bit more about the Motive. hard snow performance, turn radius, bump performance, speed limit.

It won't be next year, but I want to replace my B2s. If I could find a ski that was equally as strong in bumps, but has great edge hold and no speed limit on hardpack, that would be my ski

turn radius on the Motive 80 is 17m in a 175, 18m on a 182...wood core, sandwich sidewall construction so great edge hold. elastomers milled into the core at the tip and tail do dampen vibrations and smooth out the ride at speed...and no metal in them so they're lighter and more versatile for bumps and trees. they'll be a little more demanding in the bumps than a 7+ yr old b2 with a bunch of days on them but nothing too dramatic. its my new everyday ski for NE...does it all really well.

Damato

Any ballparks on $ of the Motive 80? I need new ski's for the upcoming season and these sound like they could make the short list. You bastids (;-)) made me pick up the Watea 94's last spring and they are awesome. Thanks.

jack97

If it was me, I would research some of the twin tips out there. The geometry is decent enuf to prevent the tips catching the bumps frontside. There must be enuf park rats that want the hard pack edge hold with a high speed limit. Prolly have a better shot of demoing the ski too.

Any ballparks on $ of the Motive 80? I need new ski's for the upcoming season and these sound like they could make the short list. You bastids (;-)) made me pick up the Watea 94's last spring and they are awesome. Thanks.

msrp is 950 for the system, but they'll hit the stores at 799 with the rsx12 powerrail