• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Weather! TGIM?

J

jlangdale

So far, looking like maybe 5-6" by late day Monday starting midnight tonight. then some what looks to be favorable cold and wintery weather for the week turning to some sun for Friday into the weekend. Here's hoping that this forecast only changes for the better. I could really go for a nice long blue-bird weekend after the recent wet fog.

Greg

Staff member
Yes, this week looks like a good one for some serious snowmaking. Just in time. I hope the recent warm spell was an early January thaw and now we're in for 2 solid months of real winter!

J

jlangdale

Still no snow up here. Some sleet this morning. Seems the weather people were off. Sugarbush says they'll be making snow on 50 percent today. Now that is something I would like to see first hand. Too bad I'm at work.

J

jlangdale

Light slow falling fluffy snow is now arriving from the sky. Yay. :)

Greg

Staff member
You need to set up a Web cam, Jon... :p

J

jlangdale

I just may do that, I got this free iSight cam with my G5. I just need to find and figure out the web cam software then find a good place to put the cam. I've been thinking about finding a way to put it out my slanted skylight at home.

Greg

Staff member
jlangdale said:
I just may do that, I got this free iSight cam with my G5. I just need to find and figure out the web cam software then find a good place to put the cam. I've been thinking about finding a way to put it out my slanted skylight at home.
This would be cool! 8)

ChileMass

Miserable weather here just north of Boston - fog and drizzle. It has cooled down some since this AM, and the heavy mist is trying hard to turn into snow. Maybe when it gets dark later.......