• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's the best helmet for an ovel-shaped head?

Sky

I was hoping to upgrade my 10-year old helmet. It's a Boeri. A tad sloppy fit, but at least it doesn't compress my forehead.

Head size is 58. Can't tell what the current Boeri size is.

I was looking to get something more stealthy....racey.

Briko L...too round.

Uvex L and XL...too round.

Too bad because I had a great option on both.

This late in the season, the pickings seem thin.

Looks like I'll wait to the fall and give Boeri another shot. I also hear Marker is a good fit for "oval" heads.

Any advice?

Puck it

How bad? Like this?
o_Hey-Arnold-for-web.jpg

Hawkshot99

I think my head is pretty oval. I love the fit of the Giro G-10, or if you want racey i also think my Giro Strief fits my head great.

Sky

The GIRO Streif XL arrived via USPS yesterday. Terrific fit! No tightness on the forehead....just a little extra room on the sides.

The L should be in today. It might just be the perfect fit.

Either way...the hunt for a new helmet is over.

Warp Daddy

The GIRO Streif XL arrived via USPS yesterday. Terrific fit! No tightness on the forehead....just a little extra room on the sides.

The L should be in today. It might just be the perfect fit.

Either way...the hunt for a new helmet is over.

The Streif is a kewl bucket Sky ~ i love my Giro Talon a similar style/look 'cept it vents . I'd buy another in a heartbeat. What color scheme ru getting ?

Sky

The XL is the Red over the graphite pattern. The L came in over the weekend...White and gray of the graphite pattern. Both pretty sharp looking....but the L is to tight.

I have access to Native goggles at an extreme discount. Looking at a new pair to match the graphite pattern of the helmet. *obsessing*

I saw the Talon! Nice Nice! Same look!

The thing I'm not too keen on is the goggle strap retainer. Unlike every other helmet on the planet (which has a "snap"), this has an opened top plastic "hook" thing. The goggle strap slides under the top of it. What were they thinking? I saw one review of the helmet and the strap retaining device was this guys only beef (he lost an expensive pair of goggles because of it).