• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Central Mass Mtn Biking

wa-loaf

So I'm trying to find some single track near home. Hoping for not more than a 10 - 15 min drive from Northborough.

wa-loaf

Too far, looking for something in the immediate area. I want to be able to get out quickly at lunch when I'm working from home. Leominster State forrest is a 1/2 + hr drive.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Hope you find something! The only reason why we hit White Memorial is that it is 5-8 miles away, depending on which entrance. Wish we had something closer though. I think it's marcski who has mountain biking right from his house--nice!

Jisch

Post up at NEMBA.org - many people from MA on there.

wa-loaf

How big is your yard?

And it's NEMBA, not NAMBLA.

Even better I have Mt Pisgah about 10 minutes from my house. And there are some easy single track I can reach right from my house.

Harbinger

So I'm trying to find some single track near home. Hoping for not more than a 10 - 15 min drive from Northborough.

I lived in northborough for the past 10 years, was very active in the construction of over 15 miles of trails in town. You have a lot of options, check out the town website. There is a link to the trails committee, you will find some decent maps there. I live in shrewsbury currently where I am currently working with a land owner on some new trails on a 70+ acre parcel.

wa-loaf

I lived in northborough for the past 10 years, was very active in the construction of over 15 miles of trails in town. You have a lot of options, check out the town website. There is a link to the trails committee, you will find some decent maps there. I live in shrewsbury currently where I am currently working with a land owner on some new trails on a 70+ acre parcel.

Thanks, I'm JCK on NEMBA. I'm going to check out the Algonguin trails as soon as I can. Friday is going to be a washout so next week sometime.

Harbinger

Thanks, I'm JCK on NEMBA. I'm going to check out the Algonguin trails as soon as I can. Friday is going to be a washout so next week sometime.

Hey JCK, I think you really lucked out by living in Northborough as far a mountain biking goes. There is a ton of riding in town. I work nights Mon through Thu and occassionally get out during the week early afternoon for a ride. Otherwise I ride Fridays through Sunday often in Northborough. Let me know if you ever want to hook up, for a ride.

MR. evil

Wa-loaf
if you find some good stuff let us know. I am sure we can get a few of the CT crew to come out to ride in Central MA. How close are you to Vietnam?

wa-loaf

Wa-loaf
if you find some good stuff let us know. I am sure we can get a few of the CT crew to come out to ride in Central MA. How close are you to Vietnam?

I don't think Vietnam is more than 1/2 hour from me. The reality though is that I don't have anyone to watch my kids most of the time so I'm really limited to what I can squeeze in at lunch for now.

Paul

I don't think Vietnam is more than 1/2 hour from me. The reality though is that I don't have anyone to watch my kids most of the time so I'm really limited to what I can squeeze in at lunch for now.

There's some really nice folk in Bangkok who cou.....

wait, what?

Harbinger

Hey, wa-loaf I am riding Pisgah saturday morning with a couple guys. Starting around 8:30am at the Smith Rd parking lot. Your welcome to join up. We'll be riding at a moderate pace probably only 5 mi or so. I know your schedule is tough but just thought i'd throw out an invite anyway. Hope you've been able to get out.
Rob

wa-loaf

Hey, wa-loaf I am riding Pisgah saturday morning with a couple guys. Starting around 8:30am at the Smith Rd parking lot. Your welcome to join up. We'll be riding at a moderate pace probably only 5 mi or so. I know your schedule is tough but just thought i'd throw out an invite anyway. Hope you've been able to get out.
Rob

Got out around the HS today. I can't make it Sat, but thanks for the invite. I might take the kids over there later in the day for some hiking. One of these days I might be able to hook-up for a group ride.

Harbinger

Got out around the HS today. I can't make it Sat, but thanks for the invite. I might take the kids over there later in the day for some hiking. One of these days I might be able to hook-up for a group ride.

Hey wa-loaf, riding from Boundry St Friday around 4pm, if you can get out. Also doing some bridge repair Sunday morning with a ride around 11am.

wa-loaf

Hey wa-loaf, riding from Boundry St Friday around 4pm, if you can get out. Also doing some bridge repair Sunday morning with a ride around 11am.

I'll be out around noon, coming from the HS side. If you can get out earlier.