• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Celtics playoff chances

Black Phantom

ring_bearer_tuxedo_t_shirt-p2352419225592913033m8f_400.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Pierce ego lost that game.

STOOPIT decision to not call time when Rondo advanced the ball past half court with 13 seconds to go. Piece ego, but Doc should've overuled and been screaming for time from the sidelines. Gotta get a good look there.

Pierce ego again ruined Ray Ray's effort of keeping us in it in OT.

think they'll lose game 5 too and win series in Boston. Sometimes a hit in the mouth brings out the fighter. Hope this is one of those times.

FRITOLAYGUY

pierce was just shot both 3's short in OT he was spent. And Rondo is hiding an injury goes into locker room early before the half and was non existent all game its the first playoff game his counterpart outplayed him.. I look at it this way JJ redick played the game of his life and the magic were banking 3's in OT neither of those will be happening again, gonna be a close game 5 hopefully a closeout, ill be in attendance :)

deadheadskier

Staff member
think they'll lose game 5 too and win series in Boston. Sometimes a hit in the mouth brings out the fighter. Hope this is one of those times.

Hope I'm right. Not that I think they'd have won anyways, but that was the worst officiated game I think I've ever seen.

All three technicals against the Celtics were absurd, especially the Rondo one. The refs refusal to call not one, but TWO injury time outs. Davis was practically knocked out and the refs just sat there and looked at Rondo like they should play 4 against 5. Daniels also practically knocked out and the refs not letting him off the floor forcing the Celtics to foul to make the substitution. If David Stern had any balls at all, he'd suspend that officiating crew for the remainder of the playoffs.

deadheadskier

Staff member
yep, bummed I'll be camping and miss this game.

Last nights Lakers / Suns game was an instant classic. Incredible finish and exactly why basketball is my favorite sport to watch. No other spot can have endings that swing like that in the final 3.5 seconds like hoops.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
yep, bummed I'll be camping and miss this game.

Last nights Lakers / Suns game was an instant classic. Incredible finish and exactly why basketball is my favorite sport to watch. No other spot can have endings that swing like that in the final 3.5 seconds like hoops.

Competitive cycling, auto racing to name a couple...

FRITOLAYGUY

Lakers are still soft, artest if the only different player he will give pierce some problems but rondo is alot better now than 2yrs ago Kobe cant play cornerback on him this year and if fisher guards him hewill eat him up. I think the celtics split then the lakers win at least 1 in boston its hard to win 3 straight at home than 6 or 7 for the title

Website
maps.google.com
Lakers are still soft, artest if the only different player he will give pierce some problems but rondo is alot better now than 2yrs ago Kobe cant play cornerback on him this year and if fisher guards him hewill eat him up. I think the celtics split then the lakers win at least 1 in boston its hard to win 3 straight at home than 6 or 7 for the title

I know Arnold Jacob "Red" Aurebach is looking down on his beloved Brooklyn & his beloved Celtics....one of the greatest Brooklyn Jews ever to live!!

espndb_1974nbachamp_576.jpg

99a69f7f-f8d3-4e7f-becb-09e888e951af_400.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member

Feel pretty much the same.

Key players for the Celtics this series are Rondo and Garnett. Rondo is a huge match up problem for the Lakers. Fisher can't guard Rondo and if Kobe does, it will tie up Kobe and force Fisher to cover Ray Allen, who he also can't guard. If Garnett reverts to playing old/injured; he'll be exploited by an improved Gasol from what he faced 2 years ago.

The thing that I hope changes after the season is the Double T being included in the 7 T suspension rule. 5 out of the 6 T's Perk has these playoffs are double Ts. It's almost a given that the Celtics will have to play a game without Perk this series.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Feel pretty much the same.

Key players for the Celtics this series are Rondo and Garnett. Rondo is a huge match up problem for the Lakers. Fisher can't guard Rondo and if Kobe does, it will tie up Kobe and force Fisher to cover Ray Allen, who he also can't guard. If Garnett reverts to playing old/injured; he'll be exploited by an improved Gasol from what he faced 2 years ago.

The thing that I hope changes after the season is the Double T being included in the 7 T suspension rule. 5 out of the 6 T's Perk has these playoffs are double Ts. It's almost a given that the Celtics will have to play a game without Perk this series.

O for 2

Neither Rondo or Garnett is getting the job done. Pierce even worse. Ray on the bench all game.

I'm not saying they'd win as the Celtics are playing awful, but JOEY CRAWFORD should never be allowed to ref an NBA game ever again. After the bull shit in the Orlando series and tonight.....fired.

drjeff

On a GOOD Celtics note, ESPN on their FB page likely just jinxed the Lakers, noting that Kobe and Phil have never lost a playoff series after winning game 1 - to make sure of the jinx, I think that all Celtics fans (or Laker haters ;) ) need to aggressively lobby Sports Illustrated to put Kobe & Co. on the cover next week! :) GO GREEN!