• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Celtics playoff chances

Geoff

On a GOOD Celtics note, ESPN on their FB page likely just jinxed the Lakers, noting that Kobe and Phil have never lost a playoff series after winning game 1 - to make sure of the jinx, I think that all Celtics fans (or Laker haters ;) ) need to aggressively lobby Sports Illustrated to put Kobe & Co. on the cover next week! :) GO GREEN!

Meh... I figure this is all house money. Nobody had the Celtics in the NBA finals since they had to go through Cleveland and Orlando to get there. I'm barely a casual NBA fan. This ain't Bird / Magic. It certainly ain't Hondo / Cowens / Silas / Nelson / JoJo. Kobe had his rape trial. Artest has done jail time. A league that projects an image of ghetto thugs. The Celtics play a style of defense and flopping to get calls that brings me back to the Bill Lambeer Pistons teams I hated. It's nice to see Paul Pierce in the spotlight after a career on lousy teams and it's been nice to watch Rondo evolve into a star but I just can't get all worked up about this team.

deadheadskier

Staff member
no doubt it's house money

then again, if there is one team I don't like to lose house money to, it's the Lakers.

and even after a nights rest I'm still bullshit about Joey Crawford. He should not be allowed to ref an NBA game ever again. From the incidents with Tim Duncan a few years ago, to the BS doube T called on Pierce and Artest to start the game last night. Worst official in major sports.

bigbog

Agreed...don't get excited about it...but sometimes watch how it's coached/refereed...last night's game = way too tightly called game...on both sides...imho. Especially for Perk...his effort, as a center, was dictated from the start...one technical(ie hard-foul) and he's gone...and gone for the next game..y/n?? Stern(aka "The Czar") needs to extract whatever it is that's stuck you know where....lol.

Last edited:
Website
maps.google.com
Meh... I figure this is all house money. Nobody had the Celtics in the NBA finals since they had to go through Cleveland and Orlando to get there. I'm barely a casual NBA fan. This ain't Bird / Magic. It certainly ain't Hondo / Cowens / Silas / Nelson / JoJo. Kobe had his rape trial. Artest has done jail time. A league that projects an image of ghetto thugs. The Celtics play a style of defense and flopping to get calls that brings me back to the Bill Lambeer Pistons teams I hated. It's nice to see Paul Pierce in the spotlight after a career on lousy teams and it's been nice to watch Rondo evolve into a star but I just can't get all worked up about this team.

BOGUS

These are racist remarks....I been following this industry since 1975....the first McDonalds team was 1977 my sr year of high school....#1 player in the nation in 1977 was Jeff Ruland....

Website
maps.google.com
no doubt it's house money

then again, if there is one team I don't like to lose house money to, it's the Lakers.

and even after a nights rest I'm still bullshit about Joey Crawford. He should not be allowed to ref an NBA game ever again. From the incidents with Tim Duncan a few years ago, to the BS doube T called on Pierce and Artest to start the game last night. Worst official in major sports.

David Joseph Stern, the son of a deli owner, is the worlds #1 entertainment executive....

Black Phantom

David Joseph Stern, the son of a deli owner, is the worlds #1 entertainment executive....

410w.jpg

drjeff

If Ray Allen keeps shooting in the 2nd 1/2 like he did in the 1st half tonight, I like the C's chances of headed back to Boston with the series at 1-1

deadheadskier

Staff member
After a beautiful tribute from Bill Walton for John Wooden.....would've hurt had they not pulled it out. gutsy performance. Ray was amazing first half.....Rondo second.

campgottagopee

If the NBA played "D" like LA and the Celtics have in these past two games, I'd become an NBA fan again. Good to see two teams going after it with passion----i dig it.

2knees

After a beautiful tribute from Bill Walton for John Wooden.....would've hurt had they not pulled it out. gutsy performance. Ray was amazing first half.....Rondo second.

Was it actually good? I cant listen to one word out of Walton's mouth. I have a pavlovian reaction to bill that involves automatically changing the tv station.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Was it actually good? I cant listen to one word out of Walton's mouth. I have a pavlovian reaction to bill that involves automatically changing the tv station.

Well, about 50% of were quotes from Grateful Dead songs, so yeah, I dug it. :lol:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Celtics pull this off and it will be one incredible show of will.

Phil Jackson - never lost a series after winning game 1

In the 2-3-2 format for NBA Finals, the team that wins game 3 is 10-0

still some tremendously bad calls BOTH ways. I'd fire every single ref in the league if I was David Stern. Get rid of all the old f*cks who think they're bigger than the players/game.

FRITOLAYGUY

in all my years watching basketball i only remember refs being the stars of a game once in a series, the refs have decided all 3 games this series its unreal, then with the 2 reverse out of bounds calls yesterday they are just looking dumber and dumber like when the ball went off Odom but rondo raked his arm but they missed that foul its almost hard to watch anymore.. The Celtics are getting killed by the lakers length which has equaled tons of 2nd half points.. Expect the whistles to be in celtics favor tomm as doc rivers sent a tape to the league of the missed calls. Celtics need games 4 and 5 or its bye bye because they aint winning 3 ina row

deadheadskier

Staff member
Doc Rivers has HUGE balls. Must win game and to sit Hall of Famers in Pierce and Garnett PLUS a potential Hall of Famer in Rondo and let the second team play for most of the 4th because they were playing so well together - money and big ass ball decision.

Great win.

The C's missed what seemed to be 97 lay ups throughout the game. Played ugly all night....until Big Baby and Nate took over in the 4th. very sweet