• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Celtics playoff chances

Black Phantom

bigbaby2.jpg

FRITOLAYGUY

Doc Rivers has HUGE balls. Must win game and to sit Hall of Famers in Pierce and Garnett PLUS a potential Hall of Famer in Rondo and let the second team play for most of the 4th because they were playing so well together - money and big ass ball decision.

Great win.

The C's missed what seemed to be 97 lay ups throughout the game. Played ugly all night....until Big Baby and Nate took over in the 4th. very sweet

Totally agree and im glad he left them in they deserved to finish what they started.

deadheadskier

Staff member
well.........my thought today was, if they're going to win the title, it has to happen tonight. I say that because I think the Lakers have the 2nd best player of all time behind Jordan playing with a pretty decent team at home. Only player I've seen will his teams to win better than Kobe is Michael and it doesn't hurt they have the same great coach. Spare me the Bill Russell judgments. ;)

I still feel that way now. I'd bet house on Kobe in Vegas for game 7. Pains me to say it, but he's that talented as an individual player and at driving his team like Michael did. Paul, Kevin, Ray have all had great careers, but Kobe is in another league. If you don't agree with me that he's number 2, I hope you have sense enough to put him at least in the top 10 of all time great players. I'd have hard time listening to an argument that he's not top 5 honestly.

This all said. It is house money for the Celtics. I didn't think they could beat Cleveland or Orlando, yet they did. They surprised me by winning all the games in this finals that they have had to win thus far. They really had to have games 2, 4 and 5. All of them were must not lose games. This was really the first must win for the Lakers tonight and they responded convincingly.

We'll see who steps up bigger on Thursday. The Legend or the Team that has defied all the critics most of the season including me.

drjeff

Unfortunately, last night pretty much turned out how I thought it would. Figured that there was no way that Kobe was going to loose 3 in a row. The C's last night looked much more like the team that showed up in Game 3, instead of the team that was there in games 2,4,5 and pretty much game 1 also. Doubt that C's(game 2,6) team will show up tommorrow night. Another C's/Laker's Game 7 Finals battle!!! The NBA is loving this i'm sure!

[size=+4]GO CELTICS!!!!!!![/size]

deadheadskier

Staff member
didn't think they could beat Cleveland. they did

didn't think they could beat Orlando. they did

didn't think they could beat LA, nevermind push the series to 7 games.

As a young boy, I had the good/bad fortune of being at game 4 of the 87 finals. The infamous Magic hook shot to win it from the free throw line and Lakers going on to win. That Laker team was just younger/better than the Celtic team. That Celtic team had such huge hear to even be there.

Same this year. HUGE heart. great game.

Hurts that they lost, but I love this team this year.

hope they sign Dwayne Wade in the off season ;)

drjeff

Ugh! That one hurt, especially considering the aging condition of many of the Celtics :(

deadheadskier

Staff member
lots of very critical fans on WEEI and the Sportshub this morning. I understand the frustration as they had a decent lead in the 2nd half. One thing people forget is that when this team won TWO years ago, they were already the oldest team ever to win in terms of top three scorers on the team. No team prior to that team had ever won a title when their top 3 scorers were over the age of 30. Age was a gamble then and it proved to be suicide this year.

It will be interesting to see what they do in the off season. They will be a very different team next season. Pierce, Rondo, Garnett, Perkins and Davis will be back and I'm not sure who else. Actually, Pierce could opt out. He's got a player option for 21 mil. Does he test the market for a long term deal? Maybe, though I do think he values being a one team career player. Doc is almost guaranteed to take a year off. Talk is Rasheed will retire. No one else is under contract. Truthfully, the only players I'd like to see return are Tony Allen and maybe Ray IF he takes a very small contract and comes off the bench.

Team needs some better size / rebounding and a younger pure scorer as Pierce is no longer that guy consistently. Lots of talent in the market. They'll need a Dwayne Wade or Joe Johnson caliber player to challenge for a title again next year. Hopefully the allure of playing for a historic franchise and with an elite young point guard in Rondo is enough to entice a high caliber free agent to come to Boston.

FRITOLAYGUY

Well sheed played good i knew they were in trouble when the lakers had what 9 offensive rebounds in the 1st Q. Those 2nd chance points killed them all series and killed them tonite. That fisher 3 was huge. Proud of them but next year theres gonna be some big changes, its too bad they werent all 28 but what can ya do.

Website
maps.google.com
Well sheed played good i knew they were in trouble when the lakers had what 9 offensive rebounds in the 1st Q. Those 2nd chance points killed them all series and killed them tonite. That fisher 3 was huge. Proud of them but next year theres gonna be some big changes, its too bad they werent all 28 but what can ya do.

bring back kevin stacom....

242550801.jpg