• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Celtics playoff chances

2knees

gonna be up 2-0 after tonight but i still wouldnt be surprised if miami comes back and wins the series. I watch zero nba until the playoffs so i dont know jack shit.

bb, whats your take, my kurt rambis lovin homeboy.

deadheadskier

Staff member
at 2-2 versus the Cavs, I still wouldn't be surprised to the C's go down in 6. They're old.

It all comes down to Rondo at this point. He's the reason we blew them out in game 2 and the reason for the win today. Maybe a top 10 playoff performance in Celtics history.

29 pts, 18 rebounds, 13 assists, 2 steals. unbelievable game.

Website
maps.google.com
gonna be up 2-0 after tonight but i still wouldnt be surprised if miami comes back and wins the series. I watch zero nba until the playoffs so i dont know jack shit.

bb, whats your take, my kurt rambis lovin homeboy.

i hope the celtics win another championship....arnold jacob "red" aurebach, eastern division high school 1935, williamsburg, brooklyn....

redplayer.jpg

FRITOLAYGUY

Being a celtics fan i originally thought they would lose 4-2, just too old to keep up they gave game 1 away and should be up 3-1 right now. Being in Orlando i see alot of the Magic and trust me they are still way under the radar for whatever reason they are just overlooked, all u need to know is this the magic beat both the celtics yes with no KG and the Cavs last year both in the playoffs without Jameer Nelson so i think they would still beat them both 4-2 for the cavs and 4-1 for boston, florida teams just have bostons # the rays own the redsox and the magic own the celtics.Looks like lakers magic again.

bigbog

Not a hyper-fan but keep watching. Expected the rest of the Cavs to show up...but didn't see much..except for Parker. Thought Boston's lack of bench usage(tall center = Williams in with 2nd-squad) would be their end but with Cleveland's willingness to just hang out at the 3pt-line and show a lack of interest in moving/sharing/(pick-roll/pop..etc)the ball towards the hoop = looks like the series is a dead heat.
$.01

FRITOLAYGUY

its funny how 2yrs ago it was how are we gonna win a championship with rondo and now he just gets triple doubles and now its how are we gonna win a championship with the big 3 they are old. Just funny how that changed in 2yrs so much

Website
maps.google.com
its funny how 2yrs ago it was how are we gonna win a championship with rondo and now he just gets triple doubles and now its how are we gonna win a championship with the big 3 they are old. Just funny how that changed in 2yrs so much

in this industry one summer can change everything especially if you are approaching 30 years old....you get "old' very quickly in this industry:dunce::dunce:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Apparently tonight Lebron is going to cover Rondo quite a bit. If Pierce can't exploit the mismatch that creates for him, I think the C's lose big.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Apparently tonight Lebron is going to cover Rondo quite a bit. If Pierce can't exploit the mismatch that creates for him, I think the C's lose big.

Big Three all came up big. Thought the combination of Pierce and Tony Allen did a great job defending the King. Once Ronda got going in the 3rd the whole team was unstoppable. When they play like that, they can beat anyone. 9 more wins

Website
maps.google.com
Big Three all came up big. Thought the combination of Pierce and Tony Allen did a great job defending the King. Once Ronda got going in the 3rd the whole team was unstoppable. When they play like that, they can beat anyone. 9 more wins

Arnold Jacob Auerbach was born as one of four children of Marie and Hyman Auerbach. Hyman was a Russian Jewish immigrant from Minsk, Belarus, and Marie Auerbach, née Thompson, was American-born. Auerbach Sr. had left Russia when he was 13, and the couple owned a deli and later went into the dry-cleaning business.

Arnold Jacob "Red" Auerbach is looking down on his beloved organization!!

capt.271e46d267fde09b5be7913576c4052e

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
u know anything about college hoops?

no

don't watch it. Shot clock is way too long. It bores the heck out of me watching players pass up open looks for 35 seconds only to hoist up a bad shot.

Also, growing up in the suburbs of Boston, college sports are not on the radar for the most part. I have one college sports memory from my youth, the Flutie hail mary pass. Only reason we were watching was because my father is a BC alum.

deadheadskier

Staff member

8 more

wow, house money now

even if the C's get wiped out by Orlando, even if they beat them then lose in the Finals; tonight's series win against the Cav's was one of the more pleasurable in my life long love for the Celts.

It's kind like if Tom Watson won the British or Master's. They're OLD. They were already old when they won the title 2 years ago. That team was the oldest team to win the finals in terms of the top three scorers - the Big Three. To see a rejuvinated KG come to play while Rajon Rondo took the reigns of the team and knock off the best player in the game and team with the best regular season record? damn special.

I expect Pierce to really step up in the Orlando series. If they win and make the Finals, he solidifies himself as the best player in his draft class. Ealry career he played with a HUGE chip on his shoulder for being selected 10th. With a series win, he can put to bed any argument that Dirk Nowvitski or Vince Carter had better careers.

FRITOLAYGUY

Great to see them beat down Legone and Queen james and crew tonite. I promise u orlando is tough i honestly thought the celtics would lose to the cavs 4-2 i think the same thing about the magic i hope im wrong again. If the magic dont make 3's they are beatable if they do we have no chance they move the ball around alot and rondo will have his hands full with nelson hes a sick shooter and all over the place.