• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

GS Suit Sizing for TALL guys

Sky

I've been contemplating a GS suit but wanted to wait till I was less "poser-ish". :> I've been rocking running gear from New Balance fo rthe last two seaons to get this giant frame to be a tad more aerodynamic.

Check out www.madcowsnowshots.com and see the "most popular" tab. I'm the guy in the orange shirt/black pants. Should be page one (of two).

I've been getting better at the racing thing over the past couple of years (this was year #5 I've been doing the night league thing). At 6'9"...I'm a better sail than a racer. @ 230 lb...(and looking like I do in my pic), I'm no fatty. :> I finally took a race clinic (which certainly helped) and I fianlly scored Gold (albeit unofficially..long story).

So I started looking into suits but never tried one on. I enlisted the help of the shop owner @ Wachusett. He's always taken great care of me. He e-mailed me a few weeks ago that he had access to TWO Descente suits...a XXXL and a XXXXL. Yes, that's THREE and FOUR X's respectively.

So I tried the XXXL on and it fit. Having never worn a suit before, I wasn't sure how frickin tight "tight" was supposed to be! The arms fit! (I have a 38"+ sleeve length). The legs fit (38"+ inseam). The shoulders fit (46" chest). All rather tight circumference wise...and only a tad short in the torso.

I was ready to drop $ for the suit (just over $200).

Just for the Shidz and Grins...I popped on that XXXXL suit. I expected it to have TONS of room in the belly and butt. NayOh! Exact same fit (circumference arpound the legs (lower leg specifically), arms and chest. A lot more comfy over the length of the torso.

BAM! Just over $200.

So...there's a XXXL suit @ Wa for any other tall-ish racer looking for a suit. Anyone 6'6" or so should be in great shape. Don't let all those X's spook you.